I have a T-Mobile 8100 running version 4.2 os and when I downloaded 4.5 and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

johnnyesparza no está en línea Stack level 1

8100 4.5 OS Not Loading

Advertisement

I have a T-Mobile 8100 running version 4.2 os and when I downloaded 4.5 and deleted the vendor.xml file it still can't be seen by my phone?? Any suggestions, whey I run the app loader it only shows my third party apps on the phone. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks for you help

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the same problem with my computer running 64 bit Vista. I loaded DM and the OS on a different compter running XP and the upgrade worked from there.

E10004 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem, but with help from some great 'Stackers on here, I was able to get the upgraded loaded.

The problem for me was the version of the Desktop Manager I was running. I was running v4.7 which is (was?) the latest version. I uninstalled that version and installed 4.6.

Once I did that, I ran the 4.5 install, deleted the vendor.xml file and started up the Desktop Manager v4.6 and it FINALLY recognized it and did the installation!

You can get the 4.6 version of DM from Blackberry. Here's a direct link to the software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=XJfUak7oiIZ1yooE0Xpiw g****

If that doesn't work, go to:

1. www.blackberry.com
    2. Click the "Support Services" tab toward the top of the page
    3. On the left, click "Downloads"
    4. Under Available Software click the link for "BlackBerry® Device Software and BlackBerry® Desktop Software"
    5. Under Downloading BlackBerry Device and Desktop Software click the link for "Download BlackBerry Desktop Software"
    6. You will get a drop-down list and select "BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.6" - don't get 4.7!
    7. Select the version you want (with or without Media Manager) to download
    Before you install the DM, go to Add/Remove programs and make sure that you don't already have a DM installed. If you do, you must uninstall that first, do a reboot, then install the new DM v4.6.

Good luck!

johnnyesparza no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, I will try both of those hopefully it will work!