Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does anyone know if the new 6GB SDHC micro card is compatible with the pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BFD1724 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 6GB SDHC micro card

Advertisement

does anyone know if the new 6GB SDHC micro card is compatible with the pearl 8100?
    Firefighter
    Berwick, ME 03901
    BFD1724@yahoo.com

Re: 6GB SDHC micro card

4 GB microSD card does. Dont think 6GB does.

Check this link.........
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rk_tmo_os.html

And welcome to Pinstack. You will enjoy this place. Andy why would you need that much memory???

(dont threadjack....be patient...you will get answered.....a big tip is.....use the search and after you make a post they have "similar thread"check those out)
    Last edited by ruth; 08-29-2007 at 06:19 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So far this is untested. You could always be the first but if you try just get one with an adapter so you can use it for something else if it doesn't recognize it.

Hey BFD if this doesnt work out you can blame reddog187.
    Last edited by ruth; 08-29-2007 at 06:39 PM.

Ruth thanks for the quick response. to answer the question why so much....I just like to have it all. I will definitly try the 4GB, you have it in your 8100? stupid question.
    Firefighter
    Berwick, ME 03901
    BFD1724@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFD1724
    Ruth thanks for the quick response. to answer the question why so much....I just like to have it all. I will definitly try the 4GB, you have it in your 8100? stupid question.

no i dont....that would be nice. I just need a 2gb

BFD....you can dowload hundreds of movies and videos and pics. Have fun.

hey ruth checked out the link.... but do I need to download the TMO OS .107 or will I be fine with the ATT ver 4.2.1.96
    Firefighter
    Berwick, ME 03901
    BFD1724@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    no i dont....that would be nice. I just need a 2gb

BFD....you can dowload hundreds of movies and videos and pics. Have fun.

I've loaded so much I need more.
    Firefighter
    Berwick, ME 03901
    BFD1724@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFD1724
    hey ruth checked out the link.... but do I need to download the TMO OS .107 or will I be fine with the ATT ver 4.2.1.96
    I have your ATT os...

I dont think that 4gb works with .96 os. I know 2gb does for sure.
    Just buy the 4gb and if it doesnt work out you can just buy an adaptor or a microsd card reader (your best option...u can use it as usb flash drive)

pprovart no está en línea Stack level 2

I have just loaded a 6Gb Sandisk MicroSDHC card into my 8100 running 4.2.2.103 and in Advanced Options, Media card i see 5.6gb of data YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHOOOO!!!

Who needs an Apple Ipod anyhow..!!

Next step..8gb and upwards...!!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

6gb would be nice but I think it would be better to wait a month or 2 until they release the 8gb cards they promised before the end of this year. they will most likely be very similar in price when they come out. of course then we will also go thru the same testing phase that we did with the 4gb cards to see if the os supports it yet.

pprovart no está en línea Stack level 2

Just as an update the OS recognises the 6Gb Card but it is not recognised by Desktop media Manager, and if you copy more than 2gb onto the card on your PC then when you put it back in the ohone you get an error message. ( ihave a seperate post on this). If you format the card , it is formatted as a 2gb card. I jsut hope an OS upgrade makes it worthwhile or i habe just bought a very expensive 2gb card!

AdamJay no está en línea Stack level 1

So what if you use the 6gb card without Media Manager?

I use a Mac and use PocketMac.app to install stuff to my device memory, otherwise for media (music and movies) i just use mass storage mode and mount it as a hard drive and simply copy the files to their appropriate folders.

Would all 6gb show up (without formating the card) using it this way?

I am so itching to upgrade my 2gb card to 6gb. The whole reason i bought my Curve was it was the next best thing to an iPhone and AT&T didn't force me to buy the data plan like on the iPhone. But now the more i use it (and thanks to the bPhone theme) i like it way more than i ever would an iPhone, i just need more storage space.

goddahavit no está en línea Stack level 1

I also ponied up for a 6 gb card for my 8820, after hours of work, I only have 1.69 gb formatted working.

If I format it to 6 gb, and put it in the 8820, it does see the size, but like previously stated when you copy over data it gives a error about the card and says check it in a pc.

I am hoping the 4.3 os fixes this as it would be nice to use the 6 gb, as when I researched it said it supported up to 32 gb right?

I really wanted the 8 gigs, but got impatient waiting for it.

the way I realized it was to have the device hooked to pc, and format it on the pc, like it was my g drive, i clicked format and it only showed it as 1.69 gb.

If i put the card in a reader on my pc it showed as the 6gb, so I formatted as 1.69 and it worked fine.

would be nice to be able to use 4 gb anyway, ?????

blowme no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by goddahavit
    I also ponied up for a 6 gb card for my 8820, after hours of work, I only have 1.69 gb formatted working.

If I format it to 6 gb, and put it in the 8820, it does see the size, but like previously stated when you copy over data it gives a error about the card and says check it in a pc.

I am hoping the 4.3 os fixes this as it would be nice to use the 6 gb, as when I researched it said it supported up to 32 gb right?

I really wanted the 8 gigs, but got impatient waiting for it.

the way I realized it was to have the device hooked to pc, and format it on the pc, like it was my g drive, i clicked format and it only showed it as 1.69 gb.

If i put the card in a reader on my pc it showed as the 6gb, so I formatted as 1.69 and it worked fine.

would be nice to be able to use 4 gb anyway, ?????

I had a similar issue when formatted with FAT

Formatting as FAT32 solved the problem,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast