Hi All! I am new to bb and pinstack. I was wondering if anyone was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lza2mb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242150b4

.66 os connection issues

Advertisement

Hi All!
    I am new to bb and pinstack.

I was wondering if anyone was having any internet connection issues with the .66 os. I upgraded to .66 at the beginning of the week. Everything seemed to work great except after my bb was idle under standby mode I would lose my internet connection. I called t-mobile they did not know what to tell me except that I should pull my battery to fix the issue and they sent me service books. This did not fix the problem.

A few days ago I downgraded back to .64 and today I decided to retry .66. I still have the same issues. (I am downgrading again as I type)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I just wanted to know. I like the .66 os but I guess with this problem I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

Thanks again cherri for all of your help!
    Last edited by lza2mb; 04-14-2007 at 04:17 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: .66 os connection issues

There is a limited number of connections that you can have with 1.66. Basically it's a bandwidth limiter.

PIN/ID
    242150b4

I dont think so. After my phone is idle for say an hour or more the internet connection just not connect. I turned off/on the wireless and no go. Turned off my bb and still no go. The only time that it would connect again is if I pulled the battery.

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lza2mb
    I dont think so. After my phone is idle for say an hour or more the internet connection just not connect. I turned off/on the wireless and no go. Turned off my bb and still no go. The only time that it would connect again is if I pulled the battery.

sounds more like a memory flooding problem than internet problem , try the latest cingular .73 for the red pearl that should help you

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...1f35f1b425T R

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Another vote for the Cingy .73 version. I was tempted by the Italy os, but coming from t-mo's buggy .64, I wanted something stable and that would address the issues of .64.

The Italy version still seems to need some improvement, so I'm sticking with .73. To me, it's much more important to have a reliable os hence my reason to go with Cingular's version.

Quote Originally Posted by wxboss
    Another vote for the Cingy .73 version. I was tempted by the Italy os, but coming from t-mo's buggy .64, I wanted something stable and that would address the issues of .64.

The Italy version still seems to need some improvement, so I'm sticking with .73. To me, it's much more important to have a reliable os hence my reason to go with Cingular's version.
    yep thats why i proposed that solution , as i use the italy one its a bit buggy , so i am going to install the latest telstra in an hour over my existing one to see if it irons out a few bugs , will let you all know later

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i would love to go to the more stable .73 Cingy OS, BUT the fact they don't over the desktop view on the browser is the one reason that i continue to use the Italy OS......

WHY would Cingular remove this from their OS? makes absolutely no sense to me...

PIN/ID
    242150b4

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkyle
    i would love to go to the more stable .73 Cingy OS, BUT the fact they don't over the desktop view on the browser is the one reason that i continue to use the Italy OS......
    What do you mean by this? I dont under stand.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

What do you mean by this? I dont under stand.
    i meant to say offer instead over, sorry.....

when going to sites that won't fit on the screen entirely (w/ the Italy OS that is) you can change from the Mobile View to the Desktop View and scroll around the entire website the way it was intended to be viewed in the first place.

try the Italy OS and you will see what i am talking about.

fyi - i use it primarily to visit weather radars and view them in their entirety.....

for example, using the Italy OS, go to this site (see below) on your BB w/ mobile view and it will appear condensed to the size of the BB screen and just pretty crappy overall......

now (after making sure your image quality is set to High in Browser Options/General Properties) change to the Desktop View and then refresh (otherwise you won't see any change in quality) - now you have a great quality radar to look at

http://tinyurl.com/2ueqsg
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 04-14-2007 at 03:40 PM.

PIN/ID
    242150b4

So, I downloaded and upgraded to .73 and I am still having the same problem. Everything was fine when I first upgraded but after my bb was idle I am unable to connect to the internet.

Guess I'll be going back to .64 again.

So, I downloaded and upgraded to .73 and I am still having the same problem. Everything was fine when I first upgraded but after my bb was idle I am unable to connect to the internet.

Guess I'll be going back to .64 again.

have you tried to do a factory reset that might sort it out its a long shot but sometimes fixes things