Okay, I disabled my auto-dim on .66 and my screen brightness is at 100. Has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

.66 Disabled Auto-Dim Question

Advertisement

Okay, I disabled my auto-dim on .66 and my screen brightness is at 100. Has anyone else noticed that... say... if you're outside and it's bright, the screen sure doesn't look like it's on 100. I re-enabled auto-dim and it gets brighter than when I have it disabled. So now even though it's a feature, I'm outside too often to not keep it enabled. Anyone else notice this?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: .66 Disabled Auto-Dim Question

the auto-dim feature is set to where if you are in a bright setting, the screen becomes brighter (to make it easier to see) and in a darker room/setting, the screen becomes dim (so that you aren't blinded in the dark)...

lilmonkey979 no está en línea Stack level 1

hello i am new to this how does this work i read all the stuff after joining but sort of confussed can anyone help me? Thanks Lisa

PIN/ID
    Ask

I know, Cherri! But the thing is... with auto-dim DISABLED and if I'm outside, and the screen brightness is set to 100... It's still not as bright as if I had auto-dim ENABLED. So I'm forced to keep it on even though I hate it. LOL

PIN/ID
    ATA

lisa - how does what work? the autodim?
    the only way to have the ability to turn this feature off is to have the very first OS from tmo or the newest .66

oh yea, welcome to pinstack

PIN/ID
    Ask

And lilmonkey, in the latest Italian TMO OS upgrade (which can be installed by anyone) it readds the feature to turn the auto-dim off on our pearls. (screen getting brighter and dimming by it self)

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by nik0
    I know, Cherri! But the thing is... with auto-dim DISABLED and if I'm outside, and the screen brightness is set to 100... It's still not as bright as if I had auto-dim ENABLED. So I'm forced to keep it on even though I hate it. LOL
    yep...hence, the reason they call it a feature its supposed to save on memory.
    i actually hated it at first, but now i love it...i got used to it

PIN/ID
    Ask

Well I'd keep it off if the screen actually did get as bright as possible with it off. As you know it's kinda hard to see outside unless it's as bright as possible.