Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Finally got it to work. I didn't have a battery in the BB while attempting ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: .64 OS vs. Italy .66 OS!

Advertisement

Finally got it to work. I didn't have a battery in the BB while attempting to upgrade and apparently that was the problem.

xxxsublimexx no está en línea Stack level 2

I went from .42 to .66 and .66 gives me all kinds of new lags and memory leaks. Mo features, mo problems.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have to agree with the poster who said suretype is much faster this time around. This was after a massive wipe and restore that took 2 days to get it right.My Pearl seems a lot more responsive overall now with the upgrade.

AFuentesJr no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    I'm with you Erica, currently downgrading to .73 as I type.
    Does the .73 OS have the auto backlight option to turn on & off?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

no, you can't turn that option off with .73

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    no, you can't turn that option off with .73
    the Italian OS does right?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I wish I could do that. I get this error every time I try to upgrade or downgrade. "Unable to complete the loading operation. Unable to connect to device during a multi-stage load operation."

This is usally an error with a corrupt call log entry or email message, after this error is says it completed, right? If so then you are actually OK
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Nutrino no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: .64 OS vs. Italy .66 OS!

The reason new versions come out in Europe before they do "here" is that "here" we are in the dark ages when it comes to mobile communications as compared to anywhere else. Canada has just NOW approved a carry your number to another carrier. The monopoly lives on in the form of two major players. (Yeah! sure! There's more.. and the cheque is in the mail, I never inhaled, etc)
    "Don't like our service? Go elsewhere" attitude from "Over Billed? and "Robbers" is tolerated by government because they are all good buddies and can justify it to the population by pointing to the Doggy company that is OWNED by Robbers!!!!

I can't wait 'till we get somoe REAL, good competition soon!!! As for me, I'll stay with my Doggy company and my PEarl (yes you read right!) Data gouged and all.

Quote Originally Posted by gazar
    Is this a silly question, but how come this new version comes out in Italy? why not the the big market for the BB US and Canada??

I have the option to set my backlight level from zilch to 100% and if you set it for what you want its OK, the auto dim also works for me. so what is the gripe!!

gaz.

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

im thinking about upgrading to this tonight. my only hesitation is from when i uprgaded to .71. waited and waited and waited as it did it's thing. got about 90% done and it poped up and error saying it couldnt connect to the device and that it may need a password. being as i have not set up any passwords on the phone i was left with no choice but to abort the operation.

afterwords i did a restore on my phone of the save i made before updating, i checked over everything and it showed,a nd still shows that im running .71. havent had any issues since.

i guess my question is has anybody else had a similar issue, or know of a way to avoid waiting over an hour to update just to be told do not pass go, do not collect $200?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234