Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Isnt it after you delete the vendor.xml you reboot the computer? Then open desktop manager. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Re: .64 OS vs. Italy .66 OS!

Advertisement

Isnt it after you delete the vendor.xml you reboot the computer? Then open desktop manager. Then connect your BB. Also remember to backup your files on your BB just incase something goes wrong..If you want cherrichiodo sent me a nice list of steps I could forward to you through PM.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 03-18-2007 at 01:33 PM.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok so I don't have to back anything up first or any of that? All my settings....will stay exactly how I have them right? Ringtones for example

Actually, I hit the download button but I chose run instead of save (save to a particular location) is that ok... I'm about half way thru the download, should I cancel it?
    Also, I know that I should back up my files.. I'll do that.

Er0
    Er0 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    Actually, I hit the download button but I chose run instead of save (save to a particular location) is that ok... I'm about half way thru the download, should I cancel it?
    Also, I know that I should back up my files.. I'll do that.
    I wouldnt think that would matter but I could be way wrong...

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

before it update your phone it will automatically backup your phone before it proceeds...

i think it'll be ok you just run it instead of download it.

No I didnt have to reboot my PC after I deleted the Vendor.xml

-darwin

alinton no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all, can you who have updated still send pictures with MMS? Its gone a bit screwey with me.

If I go Compose new MMS | first up comes atree structure, as if I have to navigate to the picture. But if I try, no files are shown in the folder. If I cancel the browse tree then select a recipient then give it a title then do menu | add picture, it does work.

Its a bit strange!

Andy.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I guess Ima have to give it a try and see how this Italina OS works. Either way I could still downgrade if I needed to, just all the info and data I've got might be earased.

We'll see, I just have to listen to my heart and do what it tells me to do lol

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by alinton
    Hi all, can you who have updated still send pictures with MMS? Its gone a bit screwey with me.

If I go Compose new MMS | first up comes atree structure, as if I have to navigate to the picture. But if I try, no files are shown in the folder. If I cancel the browse tree then select a recipient then give it a title then do menu | add picture, it does work.

Its a bit strange!

Andy.
    here's a thread you might find useful:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ating_new.html

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

Just a quick note, If you chose run instead of save it's probably a good idea to make sure desktop manager is off and your BB's not connected to your computer initially.

Ok, so it took some time but I successfully went through and put it on my phone.. Everything seems good. I changed the dimmer setting to off which is nice. The only issue I have is that some of the videos that I had on there are cut down to a smaller screen size. Now, I'm using the Blackberry video encoder to get the videos ready to put on the phone. Possibly if I change the settings will that help me or I also read that some of you were using a different encoding device..if you think this will help, could you please point me in the direction to download that to my PC? So far so good with everything with the acception of the vid. issue.. Not real happy about that but if I can somehow fix it, we will be in business. Again, thank you in advance.

Yes, I am noticing that with the video, it does play but then the audio continues but the picture freezes. Has anyone come up with a fix for this yet. Or is there just a diff. way to encode the video's to avoid this from happening?

xxxsublimexx no está en línea Stack level 2

.66 did not free up More memory for me. In fact .66 leaks memory on my device worse than .42.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am going back to the T-Mo US .64 version. The .66 OS shut down my Pearl. I just tried to go back to the earlier version I had on my phone from them and it didn't work.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-19-2007 at 05:02 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm with you Erica, currently downgrading to .73 as I type.
    Last edited by reddog187; 03-19-2007 at 05:31 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I wish I could do that. I get this error every time I try to upgrade or downgrade. "Unable to complete the loading operation. Unable to connect to device during a multi-stage load operation."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast