Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Stacy! I missed that thread in the 8100 forum. Glad to have you around!... BlackBerry Pearl forum

furrbrain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E4F98B

Re: .64 OS vs. Italy .66 OS!

Advertisement

Thanks Stacy! I missed that thread in the 8100 forum. Glad to have you around!

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4

Does the Italy .66 OS allow mp3/wav files as email attachments (has anyone tried this yet)?

BReady

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

no bluetooth problems no mms problems everything working great i am so lucky and my pearl is so bright now yippee

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

good question.... not sure.. wanna send me something? email is in my sig

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by bready
    Does the Italy .66 OS allow mp3/wav files as email attachments (has anyone tried this yet)?

BReady
    nope still doesn't work. I use Callwave (for now) and it sends my voice mail as attachments but doesn't work on BB still
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    + improved suretype which i really like

- i lost the Bluetooth icon ... the on/off one not the set up one, again once i turned on my head set and hit set up, my head set was on the list and i activated it then the on/off icon appeared again...
    I am not sure what I think about this new suretype. But as for the BT, I think it is either a theme issue or perhaps there is no ON/OFF until after you pair devices. I don't have any BT devices other than my Macbook and MightMouse and don't care to try it with that lol. But because i have nothing paired and my theme does show that icon I am leaning towards theme.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

I posted this in the main Italian OS thhread, but I this thread may be more appropriate, since it's largely about what improvements/problems people have found:

I am poised to take the plunge for this new OS, but the media player issued gives me pause. It took me long enough to figure out how to consistently get my DVD's on my Pearl with the current OS.

Right now, I use Slysoft.com's CloneDVD Mobile on it's "BlackBerry Pearl" setting. It puts out an AVI file encoded perfectly for the current(4.2.0.xx) OS. I got real tired of trying to figure out the different settings through MEncoder or Super, and with CloneDVD Mobile it's "Push one button" convenience. I really don't want to lose that.

So, I'd really like to have better specifics as to what the problems are with movies, and how those videos were originally encoded, etc.

On another sticking point for me - Has anyone tried to tether a laptop to the Pearl as a modem with this new OS?? Any problems? successes?
    Last edited by hpmcdonald; 03-17-2007 at 12:42 PM.

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

so far as the video stuff goes, sorry can't be much help. I was able to tether and surf without any problems tho.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I think I will wait and not just jump in head first. It seems way to many problems to me in such a short time and this thing has not even been out very long.

I also will wait to see about the claims of fixed memory leaks and other things as its just not been out long enough or tried by enough people to really see.
    Last edited by rkkeller; 03-18-2007 at 09:49 AM.

sbsshadow no está en línea Stack level 2

I cant wait to be able to stop it from dimming.

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey Guys... currently I'm running the .64 os t-mo for pearl... Not really complaining too much about overall operation. I'm noticing just today about the Italy version OS update... I see there is a fix for the dimm-for me that would be huge but not if it's going to come at a price. I really don't want to deal with video issues. I have been very happy with using the Blackberry video converter. The vids have been playing very nicely. I guess the point of my post is asking for advise. I don't do alot of texting or things like that... the suretype upgrade is no biggie for me either. Would this really be worth it for me??

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    Hey Guys... currently I'm running the .64 os t-mo for pearl... Not really complaining too much about overall operation. I'm noticing just today about the Italy version OS update... I see there is a fix for the dimm-for me that would be huge but not if it's going to come at a price. I really don't want to deal with video issues. I have been very happy with using the Blackberry video converter. The vids have been playing very nicely. I guess the point of my post is asking for advise. I don't do alot of texting or things like that... the suretype upgrade is no biggie for me either. Would this really be worth it for me??

I had mine updated last night with ignorance and nervousness in me...im thinking one little mistake while installing it will mess up my phone....suprisingly everything was so smooth...dont have to edit anything else except the internet thing for opera mini which is a piece of cake...i'm loving my phone even more since the update.

no video problems
    Faster interface/loading
    Autobacklight Dimmer option...I love it.

Its just Fast!! lol
    i recommend it...
    I'm a .66 Fanboy!

-darwin

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

OK, I think I will also take the plunge and do this.. I have to admit, It will be awefully nice to have the phone actually lit ALL the time and not just in the daylight. Although I know I've been working with the pearl long enought to know this. Can someone provide the link to download the upgrade to my computer and also can someone please step me through this process again so that I don't lose anything in the process itself? I'm having one of those days so the more detailed the step process is the better. Thank you so much in advance for anyone that can offer me this upgrade help.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983

download and install it.

after you install it you wont see it so go on...

go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\VENDOR.XML

delete vendor.xml

now open desktop manager

plug in your BB then it will tell you that there is an update for your phone then you go from there....there will be an option to install/remove on some applications and language.....i did remove some Language that I dont use At all except english of course.
    It'll take a little while but it'll be worht it...

GUYS CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG !!

-darwin

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Thumbs up Re: .64 OS vs. Italy .66 OS!

I have had the Italian OS running for 3-4 days now with NO issues. I like all of the new features, and am using them. I DON'T like that it tries to go to a web site when rebooted that does not resolve, but it is not a big issue as I can hit the END key and abort it. My videos done with Blackberry video work fine, but I may swith to Slysoft. One thing I have been thinking about since reading about those with video play issues is maybe it is due to the fact that the European Union uses a different format for video display (NTSC vs PAL?), but I may be mistaken because it is a digital world we know live in. I like the speed increase of apps and the phone in general. Calls are louder and clearer on both ends. I haven't noticed any change in battery life since .71 but I haven't had the phone long enought to know any different. I had no issues with the upgrade, it went very smoothly and I did not even have to do a batt pull. I shut it off, back on, and viola! Everything worked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast