I keep getting the USB not sufficient message when trying to connect my Pearl to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JB6927 no está en línea Stack level 1

64 bit Vista for Pearl

Advertisement

I keep getting the USB not sufficient message when trying to connect my Pearl to Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x64

I think I read on here that Blackberry is not supporting 64bit yet, but the post was dated back in November. Is it still not possible to connect the Pearl to a 64 bit OS, namely Vista?

The Pearl connects fine to my XP Pro (32bit) laptop.
    Last edited by JB6927; 01-23-2007 at 01:26 AM.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: 64 bit Vista for Pearl

I know this is off topic (and for that i'm sorry), but i'm curious. How are you liking vista?

Quote Originally Posted by dwagman
    I know this is off topic (and for that i'm sorry), but i'm curious. How are you liking vista?
    I like it a lot. I haven't had any problems besides not being able to connect my Blackberry. I just upgraded the BB to v4.2.0.64, which is the newest version, correct?

I notice a little earth icon with a "1" next to it under my battery display. I can't find it in the instruction manual, what is this new icon?

jsimms243 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D71EB

You may have seen my post. I did a post concerning running 64 bit Windows XP and connecting the Pearl through USB using DM software. Absolutly no results after hours and hours of researching and troubleshooting. To my knowledge, no 64 bit Windows will work with the Pearl as of yet. It sucks. This should have been taken care of months before the release of Vista. At least with the release of Vista I think we can count on some pressure being put on RIM to get it done. Hope this helps.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I have both 32-bit and 64-bit vista. Loving it, still got some issues since I guess my versions arent the final. I have to tell you, vista is great and the graphics... As far as I know BB is not supporting 64-bit, if I'm wrong someone here will correct me.

Ahhh that is disappointing. Anyone have any idea what that little earth icon with a "1" next to it is? It only appeared after I updated my Pearl.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you visit a website and lose your connectin there is usually a prompt that pops up and asks if you would like to save your request. If you say yes, it will send you a message when you regain your connection. Go to messages and you should see it. If you click it you will be taken back to that page when you lost your connection.
    Hope that helps.