Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I flashed .71 into my fiancee's tmobile pearl (.64). Fixed the phone lag on pick ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bluskye no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: .64 and .71 OS VERSIONS

Advertisement

I flashed .71 into my fiancee's tmobile pearl (.64). Fixed the phone lag on pick up. Very happy now. The other fixes are plus, no one likes memory leaks.

tklmeelmo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bluskye
    I flashed .71 into my fiancee's tmobile pearl (.64). Fixed the phone lag on pick up. Very happy now. The other fixes are plus, no one likes memory leaks.

How do you "flash" the .71 into a Tmo pearl? I have the Tmo pearl with .64 and I would like to get the .71. I am at work so I don't have the software that came with the phone to do it that way. Can you help on getting the newer version to my phone?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

The .71 from Cingy was just an update for the PTT service, that's it. Straight from the Cingy/RIM rep's mouth

Quote Originally Posted by tklmeelmo
    How do you "flash" the .71 into a Tmo pearl? I have the Tmo pearl with .64 and I would like to get the .71. I am at work so I don't have the software that came with the phone to do it that way. Can you help on getting the newer version to my phone?

1. Download the OS from :
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

2. Install the downloaded application

3. Do this:
    Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml

4. Plug phone in, and launch Blackberry Desktop Manager. and follow directions

5. Wait for like 10mins and let the flashing occur.

6. You are done when the phone boots back up again.

tklmeelmo no está en línea Stack level 2

1. Download the OS from :
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

2. Install the downloaded application

3. Do this:
    Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml

4. Plug phone in, and launch Blackberry Desktop Manager. and follow directions

5. Wait for like 10mins and let the flashing occur.

6. You are done when the phone boots back up again.

Ok, thanks! I will have to do this when I get home then. I don't have desktop manager installed on my work computer

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    The .71 from Cingy was just an update for the PTT service, that's it. Straight from the Cingy/RIM rep's mouth
    your Cingular rep was wrong. OS upgrades aren't created by your provider, they are handed down by RIM.

Do you know what Engineers call "Reps" attempting to represent a Company? "Idiots"

nrwilk no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    your Cingular rep was wrong. OS upgrades aren't created by your provider, they are handed down by RIM.
    Plus, it's common that they won't mention fixes to things such as memory leaks and battery life because they don't want to admit that the older OS you've been using had anything wrong with it.

Do you know what Engineers call "Reps" attempting to represent a Company? "Idiots"
    That too.
    nrwilk

mred612 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is it True that if i update to .71 my warranty will be voided?

Bigv69er no está en línea Stack level 3

anyone got a link to download the desktop manager?? from tmobile..

im at work so i dont have my disc and stuff.. that would be very helpful

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Let me clarify, It was a RIM rep on the Cingular Business Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by nrwilk
    Plus, it's common that they won't mention fixes to things such as memory leaks and battery life because they don't want to admit that the older OS you've been using had anything wrong with it.
    that is possible, but he basically said, the reason they pushed it out was for the PTT, and there was no need to rush out and update your OS, unless your big on using the PTT feature

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Bigv69er
    anyone got a link to download the desktop manager?? from tmobile..

im at work so i dont have my disc and stuff.. that would be very helpful
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/?pinstack.com

Bigv69er no está en línea Stack level 3

thank you very much...

ima try to do it at work..lol

hopefully my boss will let me borrow his usb cable.. lol

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Let me clarify, It was a RIM rep on the Cingular Business Unit.

that is possible, but he basically said, the reason they pushed it out was for the PTT, and there was no need to rush out and update your OS, unless your big on using the PTT feature
    we're trying to kindly explain... he was wrong. he was most likely misinformed and passed that misinformation on to you. you will find several threads which list the upgrade changes which were given by RIM directly.

he misinformed you from the moment he said the upgrade was for PTT. RIM does not release OS upgrades based on the carrier. .71 was released to all carriers that carry the phone line and those carriers add additional features like PTT. their addition to the already changed OS might be an upgraded version of PTT. It's not built into the OS, the OS is just able to support it. The same goes for the fave5 plan through t-mobile.

think of our upgrades like Window's updates on your computers. Whether you have dell, compaq, or IBM, they are releasing the updates to the OS (which is Windows 2000, XP, etc.). Cingular just throws a bow onto it.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

we're trying to kindly explain... he was wrong. he was most likely misinformed and passed that misinformation on to you. you will find several threads which list the upgrade changes which were given by RIM directly.

he misinformed you from the moment he said the upgrade was for PTT. RIM does not release OS upgrades based on the carrier. .71 was released to all carriers that carry the phone line and those carriers add additional features like PTT. their addition to the already changed OS might be an upgraded version of PTT. It's not built into the OS, the OS is just able to support it. The same goes for the fave5 plan through t-mobile.

think of our upgrades like Window's updates on your computers. Whether you have dell, compaq, or IBM, they are releasing the updates to the OS (which is Windows 2000, XP, etc.). Cingular just throws a bow onto it.
    Listen to Black Ninja! He knows what's up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast