I have a blackberry pearl red and have a 5mb internet plan. It will not ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kickzrus no está en línea Stack level 2

5Mb internet plan question

Advertisement

I have a blackberry pearl red and have a 5mb internet plan. It will not let me access the internet or send or recieve mms. I was told i need the blackberry plan but i also was told there is a way around it. Is there? Thanks
    Red Pearl All Day

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: 5Mb internet plan question

Sorry kickzrus I don't think there is a work around this. To use the internet and send/receice MMS you need the service books. To get those service books you need to get the data plan since you're with AT&T/Cingular. Sorry

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

The good news is you can dump the Internet plan!

The Personal Unlimited BlackBerry plan will give you unlimited Internet (Browser, IM, and other apps that use the Internet) as well as unlimited email. MMS, like SMS, is a separate service.

You can get 200 SMS messages for $5 (for those unlucky friends that have just cell phones), but it's unclear what constitutes an MMS message and whether or not it's part of the SMS package. I don't think it is and I know it's not part of the BlackBerry plan. SMS messages without a plan are $0.15 / message (OUCH!).
    JerryD

heavychevy no está en línea Stack level 2

i also have a media net plan, but 1MB, i use opera mini and i can acess the internet just fine.