Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by bbpearlrox There are a few things that can be done in times ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Re: 5 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW YOUR MOBILE PHONE COULD DO

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bbpearlrox
    There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:
    FIRST:
    The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly, this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.
    (I NEVER KNEW YOU COULD DO THE SECOND ONE)
    SECOND: Have you locked your keys in the car? Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

THIRD: Hidden Battery Power. Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# . Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH : How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone.
    To check your mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #... a 15 digit code appears on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

FIFTH : Free Directory Service for Cells. Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now. (or use that berry411 program =P)
    Did you know that this stuff was urban legend? Where you just seeing how many of us would run out and try to open our car doors through the phone? I suspect you were being sneeky!

Anthonyx66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask4it

the battery thing sounds cool to me, but i havent tried it yet has anyone, might be possible hidden battery life . lol who knows so this is how bullshit starts who the hell tried the battery thing let me know

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

The second one realy works. Unlocking your car remotely via cell. I was very shock when the car disarm. You dont necessarily have to put the cell next to the door handle for it to work either. Just stand close to the car, while you have someone call you on your cell. That person has the remote. While it's ringing they need to press unlock. You on the other hand by the car do not have to do anything - don't have to answer the ph, it just rings and the car should unlock. Pretty neat. I want to try it out long distance someday.

jj2times no está en línea Stack level 2

This really works pinstackers ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Yea we are going to believe the guys with the 7 and 8 post......

Shuluke no está en línea Stack level 1

lol the car thing cant work.. Radio frequencies dont travel over the phone..

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Quote Originally Posted by Shuluke
    lol the car thing cant work.. Radio frequencies dont travel over the phone..
    I was wondering the same thing. lol

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

Hmm, the serial number one works (on the pearl at least), it shows the "imei" number, but it doesn't look like any serial number I've ever seen, and as for being able to use it to render a stolen phone useless I have no idea...

the theory behind the car unlocking is that the radio signals emitted by your keyless entry fob would be picked up by the signal generated by a cell phone, almost like a leaf in a gust of wind, and carried with it to its destination at the other end... Cell phone signals interfere with radio signals quite easily so I could see how the transverse could also be possible in isolated instances, ie. Just the right keyless fob, and the perfect combination of cell phones, on a day with just the right humidity... Some sources I've seen say its possible, and some say it can't be done... I figure its worth a shot considering how excited I would be if it actually worked,

The other stuff is brand specific (not rim) though I didn't test any of that, and sure dialing an 800 number can get you free 411 but don't under estimate the sneakyness of your SP, they could charge you 15 bucks a second for calling "toll free" numbers

And of course all of what I've said can be learned by following the link someone posted earlier but I figured if you made it this far then you probably disregarded it so I figure I would inform you right here, plus I can't sleep and have nothing better to do than brush up on my suretype-ing, sorry for my redundancy,

Class dismissed

( via crackberry @ wap.pinstack.insomnia.com )

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Why dont people simply TRY a few of the things or do some Google searches before jumping to conclusions ? Seems simple as they all have to do with our cell phones and chances are they are right next to us and we are on the PC now if your reading this.

I know #1 is 100% real at least in Europe and overseas, it's called eCall. Not sure about the US though. A Google search using "call 112" gives multiple links.

#3 and #4 probably work too just depend on make of phone and provider. I know one would not work on Verizon and some other providers as they dont have sim cards.

I know #5 is 100% real, its is advertising based and I think you have to listen to an ad before you get the information you asked about, and a Google search finds this and multiple reviews by USAToday, Cnet and others:

http://www.free411.com/index.php?cm_...lCjCoiiuywwSvv

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireles...tm?POE=TECISVA

Google is your friend !

nela no está en línea Stack level 1

of course it wont work. lol wow. people are so....SILLY
    <3 Nela YUH!

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

Ive not tried it but I could see how the car unlocking thing could work .... They used to have things that you attached to childrens shoe laces that if you held it up to a phone would dial their home number ... Like if the kid got lost and I know that worked ... Anything is possible

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

partyandbs no está en línea Stack level 2

i tried the battery power one But my battery was about half gone so i dont know if it would actually work but i pushed the buttons it says and then pushed send

and i got this message "supplementary service error:Unexpected data value."

and the emergency number one works i think I locked my phone then i push 112 and the message pops up saying "press send to start emergency call"

every one seems to do something but cant test the car one

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Well, I have had the free 411 for awhile, so I know thats true for a fact!!!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

LOL are we still talking about this!

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

just had a look at it and the 1st,4th,5th ones work as for the rest they dont work.
    number 2 may work if you have the nightrider car (kit) you can call your car then and it can come over and pick you up from work
    Death is only the beginning

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast