Post Name: 5 efficient ways for saving you blackberry when it just got droused in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

Thumbs up 5 Efficient ways for saving your blackberry when it just got droused in water

Advertisement

Post Name: 5 efficient ways for saving you blackberry when it just got droused in water
    Original Ideas by: Jaspreet Singh
    Author: Jaspreet Singh
    Need for this post: Yes, Afcourse as many people accidentally, knowingly or un-knowingly drown their BB in water

Water and Electronic's dont mix, but a little apill doesn't necessarily mean your gear is ruined. To be honest, the odds aren't great for you gadget's full recovery-but with care, you might be ale to revive your hardware.

# First, if the device is still turn on, turn it off immidiately and remove any batteries, media cards, sim cards etc. Dry off any visible liquid with a towel. Depending on how comfortable you are with the process, disassemble the device to the limit you can ( this does not mean....tear apart any thing with your screw drivers) and as quicly you can as this improves the chances of recovering it. This is essential if you can actually hear the trapped liquid sloshing around inside.
    your goal is to get the device completely dry as you can, so far from the following bag of tricks try whatever is convenient adn appropriate in you case. Remember all these "cures" can cause more damage thena they repair. Well luck follows you and see can you get right!!!

#1. Desiccants will absorb moisture. Put the device in a sealed bag with a few silica gel packets. Only brand new packets will work. Old one's will have long ago absorbed their limit in moisture. The same trick can work with regular uncooked white rice and even salt; just make sure not to get any grains inside the device. So better keep you device covered in a tissue paper.

#2. Heat eveporates water. Put the device on the dashboard of your car for an afternoon (temperature not than 150 degrees..otherwise u will burn it). If you're brave, you can try putting the device in a 150-degree oven for an hour. Keeping your mobile in your front pants pocket all the day also might warm enough it, as might a hairdryer (don't set it on high, though) Remember remove batteries before doing any of the tricks for #2.

#3. Alcohol attracts water. Again, this is not a trick for the faint heart, but you can dunk a wet gadget completely in a container full of alcohol (use 99% rubbing alcohol, not the standard 70%), which will bind to the water in your device and pour out or evaporate. Make sure you do this quicly, as alcohol can damage some kinds of plastic.

#4. If the liquid has got into device's keyboard, put the device upside down, means keyboard facing the surfarce, for a spell give the liquid a chance to drain out.

#5. If you managed to get something sticky like soda in your device, it will probably need to be cleaned after it dries. That means opening the affected device and swabbing a Q-Tip or ear bud (nor mal cotton earbuds used for cleaning ears) dipped in 99 percent rubbing alcohol-otherwise the electronics are likely to short circuit from the goo trapped inside.

HOW TO AVOID NEXT TIME:
    Unless you drink a sippy cup, or taking bath, or its raining out and you too go out with your BB in pocket, avoiding spills is hard to do. Make sure RIM has used water-proofing technologies that are available. If you're going to be near water, even storing your Blackberry in a plastic bag can save a lots of headache later.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. THESE TIPS AND TRICKS HAVE BEEN TESTED ON MY DEVICE (BLACKBERRY PEARL 8100). BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE A BRAVE HEARTED AND DOING THAT DIPPING TRICK #3 NEED LOTS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND CONCENTRATION.
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 09-03-2007 at 09:03 AM. Reason: bold lettering

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 5 Efficient ways for saving your blackberry when it just got droused in water

Just to mention that if you get your BB wet flush it with Distilled water or alcohol as mentioned above ! Allowing it to dry will leave solid residue behind i.e sugar etc to dry on the electronics and cause problems with electrical shorts in the future.

If you have no distilled water or alcohol available, tap water will suffice.

The important thing is to flush off any solids BEFORE you let it dry.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: 5 Efficient ways for saving your blackberry when it just got droused in water

Informative post Jaspreet, thanks.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    23E77069

oh thanks lavagirl, well i have done my job what is important to save people from losing their precious BB's

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Very informative thank you

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

This could be another chapter of youre book
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea, especially in Louisiana, I'd rather throw dunk my phone in mud then put it in our tap water!

PIN/ID
    23E77069

Thumbs up Re: 5 Efficient ways for saving your blackberry when it just got droused in water

Quote Originally Posted by skunk22civic
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea, especially in Louisiana, I'd rather throw dunk my phone in mud then put it in our tap water!
    ha ha ha phone in mud...ok lets try that maybe its much more effective than rubbing alcohol lolz.
    and peter,,,,,i think u took my post of that book writing very seriously, thats why u are joining my posts as chapters,,,,well thank u for generous replies

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    peter,,,,,i think u took my post of that book writing very seriously, thats why u are joining my posts as chapters,,,,well thank u for generous replies
    I'll guess you know this words of wisdom: The longest journey starts with the first step. So I try to give you a helping hand with the first step and show you the door. But you have to go through for yourself.

Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: 5 Efficient ways for saving your blackberry when it just got droused in water

well ive'd never dropped my blackberry in or on anything but i have droped my house phone in the pool before and ive actually dropped it to 2 bottom countless times and this is what i do to save it, first i remove the batteries immediately (underwater if possible) then i disassemble it to the core n start drying with cotton balls then i use a blow dryer on cold air just to push out water from every crevice finaly when every thing is completely dry i put the board (without the screen)on a towel in the middle, grab all 4 corners of towel then spin dry with arm ur done just go back n dry the water that came out after spin dry (repeat as many times necesary)n walla replace batteries n u got a perfectly working phone. and this is what i would do if i ever dropped my pearl in the water!

jus my 2