people -- I have just got an error 523, nothing new installed, and I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

theuprightman24 no está en línea Stack level 2

523 Error -- urgent help

Advertisement

people -- I have just got an error 523, nothing new installed, and I am unable to do anything on the device!

I can not get near a PC for the next week is there anything I can do?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 523 Error -- urgent help

Sorry about that but I'm afraid that if your BB is useless until you can get to a PC. According to RIM that is the only way around it.
    KB11816 - The following error is received: 523 app. error. Reset..

and

KB10406 - JVM 523

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rje
    rje no está en línea Stack level 1

I had App Error 523 on three 8130's. Nobody could solve it. I think I've fixed it, at least for myself. I had been updating the OS. I had been adding all of the locked themes, by changing the vendor numbers to my vendor number. Finally, on the third 8130 with this problem, I reinstalled the OS and I only added one unlocked theme. I did that by only applying my vendor number to one theme. The installer removed all the other ones. The error is gone. The issue is history. The problem is one of those themes. Who knows which one? I had a feeling before this started that it could be the T-Mobile theme, so I never installed that. It isn't the T-Mobile theme. I know that now. The one I kept was Verizon. I'm not a Verizon subscriber. The interesting thing with this theme is that this time around I have the icons and the colours. What I don't have is the white Verizon wallpaper.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by rje; 01-11-2008 at 12:27 PM.

theuprightman24 no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually this worked out very well for me -- I wasn't able to get it working so I spoke with my mobile insurance company who agreed to replace the handset --

Due to stock problems they sent the 8120 out instead.

RESULT

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rje View Post
    I had App Error 523 on three 8130's. Nobody could solve it. I think I've fixed it, at least for myself. I had been updating the OS. I had been adding all of the locked themes, by changing the vendor numbers to my vendor number. Finally, on the third 8130 with this problem, I reinstalled the OS and I only added one unlocked theme. I did that by only applying my vendor number to one theme. the installer removed all the other ones. The error is gone. The issue is history. The problem is one of those themes. Who knows which one? I had a feeling before this started that it could be the T-Mobile theme, so I never installed that. It isn't the T-Mobile theme. I know that now. The one I kept was Verizon. I'm not a Verizon subscriber. The interesting thing with his theme is that this time around I have the icons and the colours. What I don't have is the white Verizon wallpaper.

Hope this helps.
    I posted a fix for this back in November. Read the cause and cure here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/504319-post26.html

rje
    rje no está en línea Stack level 1

You are the man. On all the forums all over the world, there is no resolution to this. You found it. I'm amazed that you did. Thank you. My fix was okay. Your fix is the correct one. I have it printed out for future reference.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

I just got that error, app error 523 reset, after trying to make a speed dial call. I did a battery pull and the error disappeared and my berry is fine now.

Wtf is this error? I never had a problem like this until I got the 8130. My 7130e was a great phone, and I'm seriously considering swapping out my pearl for the older one; at least it's reliable.

I didn't install any unlocked themes or hack my berry or anything else weird. I just want this to work and quit hanging.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by javatyger
    Wtf is this error? I never had a problem like this until I got the 8130. My 7130e was a great phone, and I'm seriously considering swapping out my pearl for the older one; at least it's reliable.
    Check the links in post two of this thread.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles