Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have just loaded a 6Gb Sandisk MicroSDHC card into my 8100 running 4.2.2.103 and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pprovart no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 4GB microSD into the BB Pearl?

Advertisement

I have just loaded a 6Gb Sandisk MicroSDHC card into my 8100 running 4.2.2.103 and in Advanced Options, Media card i see 5.6gb of data YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHOOOO!!!

Who needs an Apple Ipod anyhow..!!

Next step..8gb and upwards...!!

slimbradybra no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dam that's nuts!!!

cprietok no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205497F6

Post Re: 4GB microSD into the BB Pearl?

I Have a Pearl with BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.64, Platform 2.2.0.37, in Telefonica Movistar Chile. How can I get a version to use a 4GB MicroSDHC??

The link to newest BlackBerry Handheld Software is for version 4.2.0.79 (Multilanguage), Platform 2.2.0.39. Does it work??

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cprietok
    I Have a Pearl with BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.0.64, Platform 2.2.0.37, in Telefonica Movistar Chile. How can I get a version to use a 4GB MicroSDHC??

The link to newest BlackBerry Handheld Software is for version 4.2.0.79 (Multilanguage), Platform 2.2.0.39. Does it work??
    You will need something after 4.2.1.101. Newest out there is 4.2.1.107.. use this link http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html

PIN/ID
    205497F6

Question Re: 4GB microSD into the BB Pearl?

Understood, but Telefonica does not have a version .101 or higher, the only posted version is 4.2.0.79 which I believe does not support 4 GB Micro SDHC Cards.

Can I install a .101 or higher version from other Carrier? Will I still have access to mi carrier using mi Sim Card?

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

You can use another carriers os on your berry. Just delete the vendor.xml file on your pc after your install the upgrade on your pc, but before you actually install the new os to your berry. Hope that helps. There is a more indepth description of the upgrade process on here somewhere, I just don't remember where right now. Hope this helps.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raven1a no está en línea Stack level 2

Okay,

I'm on my second Pearl (The first one got lost when I got mugged in Ecuador. Oh well). Got the new red one. Still loving having my Pearl back and having the service for it too. Ecuador's cell phone system is really strange.

I just ordered a 4GB MicroSD card. The new Pearl has the .107 software. So, for the record, it looks like everything should be fine. Just don't format the chip in the Pearl. Format is as Fat32 on XP. That seems to be the concensus. Am I correct?

PIN/ID
    205497F6

Just for the record, after backing up my data and programs, I installed the Spains' Telefonica OS v.4.2.1.101 on my Chile's Telefonica Pearl, worked just fine after 35 minutes of installation.
    It recognized my 4 GB SDHC Card inmediatly, without the need of formating.

All the programs appeared just as I had before, no data loss, and working as if nothing ever happened.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12