1. What exactly does the signal dBm measure, and what is stronger? Is anything closer ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
4 simple questions about my Sprint 8130
1. What exactly does the signal dBm measure, and what is stronger? Is anything closer to zero stronger than the lower negatives?
2. Is there a way to stop it from cutting off my texts at 160 messages? This isn't my first Sprint smartphone and my last one could easily go up to any number I wished. This one stops me at 160 and it's incredibly annoying. I've done some searches and people have said that you can't disable this but I'm hoping they're wrong...
3. There is a small icon on my homescreen that isn't described in the manual, it resembles something like this. Does anyone know what it is?:
hxxp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/697/70600234uu5.png (replace xx with tt, I guess I'm not cool enough to post pictures yet)
4. I can't install any applications over the air because I don't have the BBerry plan and I don't plan on purchasing it anytime soon. I can easily install them through my desktop though, where can I find Google Maps and the gmail application for download over the internet?
1. The closer to -100dBm you get the weaker the signal.
2. No, this is a common question and the simple answer is that SMS (Short Message Service) is exactly that, short. Other carriers simply broke the message into multiple SMS messages and charged you for each. It is limited by the SMS technology not the BB.
3. That is for GPS, your GPS is set to Location On or 911 only, and it is not a matter of "cool" to post links but 10 posts, that way we can reduce SPAM by requiring enough posts to add links
4. Many apps are OTA only, if you don't have a data plan you may not be able to install them. One way is to load the .jad file onto the memory card, browse to the file in media app and choose download, that will run the installer app.
Welcome to PinStack!
Why is it that my friend with a BBerry can type more than 160 and I could do the same on my Q? I miss typing up a storm.
Originally Posted by doughdaddy
Also, I was being sarcastic about the cool...
I have unlimited data and unlimited text, but I can't do it through Opera, it wants me to use BBerry's browser, which isn't happening. For the lose.
I'm in love with this phone though.
I just bought this phone yesterday and have the same situation you do. Power vision, text but no internet access. From what I can find there is no way to get access without the BB plan, at least on Sprint. I am waiting impatiently to hear otherwise because I would love to not add BB and risk extending my contract.
For $30 you get:
Unlimited Text (SMS)
Unlimited BB Plan (Email & Internet)
Unlimited Sprint TV
Unlimited Sprint Music Store
Unlimited Power Vision
To me, the extra $30 a month is worth it for all you get from it.
Alright my phone just started working online. I do not have a BB plan only vision. I installed the Opera browser and gmail through the PocketMac sync manager and I have successfully surfed a little and checked email with the gmail mobile app. Seems to be working!
Originally Posted by mircle
As long as it does what you want it to, that's what counts.
Tags for this Thread