Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone else been having problems watching youtube videos after the 4.5 upgrade? It seems ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC

Question 4.5 Upgrade-Youtube

Advertisement

Has anyone else been having problems watching youtube videos after the 4.5 upgrade? It seems like the videos are poor quality and they skip a lot so the picture is always scrambled. IMO I think that the best site for watchin videos is tinytube.net. The selection of videos may not be as big but the picture is 100X better!
    BB FrEaK

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    No problems here. Youtube looks great.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I haven't had any problem viewing YOU Tube. The video may not be the best but neither is the size of the picture. I have to say I didn't expect much in the way of quality but I don't see any problems with it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    I have an 8130 and I never been able to get videos to work on youtube. I always use tinytube. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My buddy has 8130 with 4.5 and he watched youtube...we actually send each other links to watch funny vids...matt..you should check your browser setting and make sure u have all the correct boxes checked. I pewrsonally don't know what they should be so I cant help...sorry. But you CAN watch on 8130 lol

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Matt, I agree with pmarshall - it should work on your 8130 - you probably have a setting or something preventing it but I can't imaging what it would be if tinytube works for you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    I am having the same problem too I just got my new Blackberry 8110. I cannot watch You Tube videos of Tiny Tube videos i keep getting the message "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL".

Not sure what to do there.

Sherobin..you also should be able to view youtube and all that...make sure u have the correct boxes checked under browser...I'm using 8320 and 8100 and I can watch youtube on both of them..both are using 4.5 os. So first you have to have 4.5 then make sure your browser setting are right and also if your gsm..assuming you have atnt..make sure you have APN under TCP set...if you do have atnt and do not know your APN let me know and ill find the link for you.

Sherobin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2157E9CE
    Hi pmarshal

Unfortunately this is all new to me I have no idea what you are talking about. I phoned my carrier "Vodafone" and they could not help. My hubbie has same blackberry and he cannot view You Tube either and he is with a different carrier. You are going to have to walk me through this sorry as its all gobbledegook to me and I get so frustrated I just want to throw the thing in the bin.

Thanks
    Sher

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need the 4.5 Operating System on the device to view YouTube videos?

Exactly right...4.5 is a must have..shero..do u have 4.5?? And ill be happy to help u!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't think she does as she and her husband just recently got their devices.

Sher, you're pretty new to the whole BlackBerry scene, so I'm not sure I'd recommend doing an upgrade just yet until you feel comfortable enough with your device to do so.

As you can see, however, there are countless folks here to help you through it should you decide to take the plunge.

You're going to need the Desktop Manager loaded on your PC as well as the 4.5 OS itself.

Browse through these instructions to get an idea of what you're in for.

Roger

Great info Ro!

its pretty easy to upgrade and u know if u have questions just ask us.

jmann no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    1 thing I did notice with the 4.5 and youtube is with the older 4.5s (.10 I believe) you could save videos from youtube but with the newer 4.5s (.69 for instance) it says unable to save. Anyone know why this is?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast