Hey all I'm with T-Mobile and looking to upgrade my 8120. Do I use Rogers, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bangusjangus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAC944

Question 4.5 upgrade

Advertisement

Hey all I'm with T-Mobile and looking to upgrade my 8120. Do I use Rogers, orange? not surewhat this is. Sorry if this has been discussed already.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You can use any OS you want if your carrier does not have one. You can go here to find one and then just delete the vendor.xml and install it to your device. If you are not sure how to upgrade check the link in my sig. Post any questions you have and someone will help you out.

bangusjangus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FAC944

Thumbs up upgrade

Got it! Thank you its been updated and has been working perfect with no problems whatso ever. Pinstack Rocks!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad you got it upgraded and didnt have any issues. Enjoy!!!

bullit33755 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got the tmobile 8120 also and I had the 4.5 upgrade, but my phone kept restarting by itself. It was very seldom to begin with then it started every couple of hours. Us there a reason. I think I had 4.5.118. I reinstalled factory OS cause I hated not knowing if my phone was gonna work all day. Us there something I need to do? Please help

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Could have been a glitch when it was upgraded that caused the error. I used an upgrade from a south seas carrier and my phone ran really slow right after I upgraded, so I did a restore and then upgraded again with no problems. The newest OS, 4.5.0.102 from Rogers Wireless has been working great for me as of late. I've actually noticed a slight performance improvement. That however could be totally unrelated to the OS, just the fact that I reinstalled the OS. The link ModernCowBoy posted above will take you to the list of available OS'. Scroll down to the 8120 and take your pick. His instructions above will work for any of 'em.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Here is a link for just the 8120 .

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am running 4.5.0.52 on my 8120 from Orange. I have used the official Orange version.

Can anyone advise please the problems with either of the above later versions of the OS?

I have read some posts saying that there are reboot issues etc.

Can anyone give a definitive list of improvements in the later OS's and any associated problems/bugs?

Thanks guys.

Pin me a response someone.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

bullit33755 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks guys. This helps out a lot. I will be looking for a new one soon thanks again