Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just upgraded to 4.5.0.22. Platform 2.7.0.61... Perl 8100. The directions I followed didn't tell ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5

I have a 4.5 OS question. Memory card related.

Advertisement

I just upgraded to 4.5.0.22. Platform 2.7.0.61... Perl 8100. The directions I followed didn't tell me to remove the memory card, but I followed instructions I was given to take the files off the card. Then format it with my blackberry. I then added my files back with the desktop manager, but there is no option for ringtones. Desktop manager has video, pictures and music. Do I have to add them via music manager and move the files?

I added all my files back with the desktop manager, but put my ringtones back on by copy and pasting like a standard memory card. That made my phone restart every 30sec. So I know I have to remove everything and format again.

Going to try this tomorrow. Anyone got any tips?
    Last edited by neondeception; 01-19-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you checked out this thread? If not give it a look and see if it helps you with this if not I am sure we can help you get it figured out.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I found the easiest way to transfer files, any file (so long as it doesn't need to be converted) is to simply drag from pc and drop to location of your choice on your SD card. Be sure to enable mass storage on your bb.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-20-2009 at 01:00 AM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    I found the easiest way to transfer files any file (so long as it doesn't need to be converted) is to simply drag from pc and drop to location of your choice on your SD card. Be sure to enable mass storage on your bb.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree with this because it is how I do it. However if after doing this the reboot problem returned they are going to need to figure out which file is causing the issue to get it fixed.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Oh yes definitely. I was referring to ringtone, and other file moving issues. Thanks for the link too. I hadn't seen it. I know. I'm late.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So if I formatted the card already and added my stuff back to it. Can I just look at the attributes on desktop manager and delete the bad files without formatting it again?
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The way I understand it that should be all you need to do. Since I have never had to do it however I wouldn't say for sure but it makes since that if it is just the certian file as long as you get rid of it then it should solve the issue. If not I would start from scratch and follow rogros thread on how to do it from scratch.

Ill try taking off just the bad files and see. Ill post what I find.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85
    when I did it I put everything back on ( pics, music, ringtones( all 175 of em) and vids back on via mass storage I dont even use the DM media manager for anything as its easier to just drag and drop imho.
    delete everything off the SD card (after you save it on your PC ) and stick it back in, then after its formatted make sure "mass storage " is enabled and connect it to your PC via USB then drag and drop everything in its appropriate folder music to music etc etc.

when I did it this way and didnt even have to assign the custom tones to contacts again.. it "knew" which one went to which

easy peasy
    FP
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

chaucolai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Similar problem here. Upgraded to 4.5 but I never saw the reformatt SD card, tho, so I didn't. Now, altho I can see my music on my PC thru mass storage, it can't find the files. When I make a voicenote, I can't find it, and my Internet browser isn't there in all themes. As in, I tried them all and it's not there.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have a related question. I just got a new/my first media card. I would like to format it in the phone and then transfer the existing photos from the phone to the card through my BB and not the computer. Can I do this? If not, how do I get locate them on my PC to upload them to the media card? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    I have a related question. I just got a new/my first media card. I would like to format it in the phone and then transfer the existing photos from the phone to the card through my BB and not the computer. Can I do this? If not, how do I get locate them on my PC to upload them to the media card? Thanks!
    Format the card via your device. Once you have done that just select the pics you want to move and hit menu, then select move and browse to your media card and place the pic in the folder you want to save it to. Another option would be connecting to your PC and moving all your pics to a folder and then after formating just drag and drop them back onto your devices memory card.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Format the card via your device. Once you have done that just select the pics you want to move and hit menu, then select move and browse to your media card and place the pic in the folder you want to save it to. Another option would be connecting to your PC and moving all your pics to a folder and then after formating just drag and drop them back onto your devices memory card.
    Thanks for the info. I installed the card and think it was already formatted but did a format anyway, and moved some pics the way you said. It maybe time consuming so I may have to do it by computer. Can I just open the file in the computer when attached without going to DM and drag and drop into the new folders in the media card?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    As long as you have enabled mass storage on your device by going to options/media card/ mass storage support you should be able to drag and drop as if it was another drive on your PC. It is much easier that way and you don't have to use DM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    thanks for the advice. meantime all was going well on the one by one transferring of pictures until i added a wallpaper folder and added two wallpapers i had on my phone. the phone went into reboot and Im now watching the third reboot cycle. it won't stop. oh boy. any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast