Results 1 to 11 of 11

so i upgraded tot eh 4.5os and now i don't have a browser icon. also ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    invisble1's Avatar
    invisble1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12

    4.5 os = no browser icon or html view =

    Advertisement



    so i upgraded tot eh 4.5os and now i don't have a browser icon. also i can not view html content via email. i've resent the service books from the sprint bis site as well as connected via the host routing on the bb device itself. any ideas?

  2. #2
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by invisble1 View Post
    so i upgraded tot eh 4.5os and now i don't have a browser icon. also i can not view html content via email. i've resent the service books from the sprint bis site as well as connected via the host routing on the bb device itself. any ideas?
    Have you tried pulling the battery? Leave your device on, but open the cover and remove the battery for 30 seconds or so, then put it back in. Sometimes this does the trick.

    Hope it helps!

    Roger

  3. #3
    azakus's Avatar
    azakus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    3029fc6c
    Posts
    3
    I'm having this problem too. I've already reset device by battery pull and soft reset, as well as resending service books.
    EDIT: Nvm, got it working after dialing *228 and programming phone.
    Last edited by azakus; 08-12-2008 at 03:11 PM.

  4. #4
    kermalou's Avatar
    kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    95
    i have the 8830 and had the same issue.

    i resent my service books twice and did a battery pull and am good to go.
    Last edited by kermalou; 08-12-2008 at 03:13 PM.

  5. #5
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    A lot of people have reported these issues and the resolution in most cases is the same:

    1. PATIENCE! Sometimes it takes awhile for everything to "synchronize" and recognize each other.
    2. Resending Service Books from your BIS Account.
    3. Deleting and re-creating e-mail accounts (for HTML e-mail issue) in your BIS Account.
    4. Battery Pull.
    5. All the Above!

    I've read about people having to do some or all of these steps several times before the issue(s) got resolved.

  6. #6
    RadDuke's Avatar
    RadDuke no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4
    The Docs to Go isn't checked by default in the desktop manager when you install the upgrade. You'll need to connect to the manager and add the application (or make sure you check it when you install the upgrade) After I installed the upgrade, I went to the Blackberry Internet Service site and resent service books. Everything worked for me the first time.

  7. #7
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDuke View Post
    The Docs to Go isn't checked by default in the desktop manager when you install the upgrade. You'll need to connect to the manager and add the application (or make sure you check it when you install the upgrade) After I installed the upgrade, I went to the Blackberry Internet Service site and resent service books. Everything worked for me the first time.
    Nobody was asking about Docs2Go here, RadDuke, but thanks for the reminder!

  8. #8
    bayzbol44's Avatar
    bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    24320950
    Posts
    124
    Speaking of Docs to Go...What does that do? View Word and Powerpoint documents?

  9. #9
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by bayzbol44 View Post
    Speaking of Docs to Go...What does that do? View Word and Powerpoint documents?
    Haven't used it, but I believe you can not only view certain types of documents, but you can edit them as well.

  10. #10
    bayzbol44's Avatar
    bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    24320950
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Haven't used it, but I believe you can not only view certain types of documents, but you can edit them as well.
    Sounds good! I just had to go back and "check" it and I have added it. Looks good, but now I have to find a document to test it.

    So far this 4.5 is not helping with my addiction.

  11. #11
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by bayzbol44 View Post
    Sounds good! I just had to go back and "check" it and I have added it. Looks good, but now I have to find a document to test it.

    So far this 4.5 is not helping with my addiction.
    LOL! Welcome to the club!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •