Hi all, I just downgraded from 1.66 to 0.73 (due it's inability to play my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

benojir no está en línea Stack level 2

4.2.1.66 Ringtones?

Advertisement

Hi all,

I just downgraded from 1.66 to 0.73 (due it's inability to play my videos), and really miss the new Notifier Tones (eg Eager etc. ), which I had set up perfectly for each email address. Now I'm on 0.73 and they/re gone
    I tried to copy them beforehand, and also looked in the Java folder, (looked for the rim_ringtone but for some reason couldn't quite figure out how to keep them.

Does anybody have a link to them, or know how I can get them back- just the Notifier Tones from the 1.66 OS?

Cheers,

Ben

LuvInTheClub no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304d164e

Re: 4.2.1.66 Ringtones?

me to! i tried saving the .cod file from 1.66 and reinstalled .73. then i pasted that file into the java folder... it partially worked but i didnt get all the ringtones...any one have an idea....

benojir no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by LuvInTheClub
    me to! i tried saving the .cod file from 1.66 and reinstalled .73. then i pasted that file into the java folder... it partially worked but i didnt get all the ringtones...any one have an idea....
    Luvintheclub, I got it to work, but I don't know exactly how lol.

I was playing around with this file:

:net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g. cod, (from Shared>LoaderFiles...Java of 0.73)

and as far as I could see, there wasn't an equivalent one in 1.66, so I searched "tunebundles" in the Java folder for 1.66, and it came up with another net_rim file:

net_rim_bb_media_tunebundles_sonicnetworks.cod

which was about the same size (266Kb).

I then copied this, uninstalled 1.66 and renamed the file to net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g.c od
    and copied it into the original 0.73 Java folder.

I think this is how I did it. Give it try, (obviously backing up etc.). I did something right, as I have the newer tones, but my Status shows 4.2.0.73 installed

Ben

LuvInTheClub no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304d164e

Awsome! I'm about 2 try renaming it! I didn't think about that! I just copied and pasted! Lol...yey! Ill get back 2 u on this!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~