Okay, So I've been with BlackBerry since August a pretty good amount of time. And ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5

3rd times a charm?

Advertisement

Okay, So I've been with BlackBerry since August a pretty good amount of time. And I'm a pretty active user on this site.

Also I have a the Pearl 8100, and I'm going on my 3rd device. The 1st one I had for 6 months and then all of a sudden it wouldn't come on I've tried a new battery, it wouldn't recognize any usb chargers and so on..

I got my replacement January 5th. It is now January 29th, and the phone is yet broken again.. How I certainly have no clue. Now this phone I have take very well care of. No water damage, and actually no physical damage.

I ordered for my replacement today, so I should be back in touch soon enough.

But I'm just wondering why could this possibly be happening?

I'll charge at night, then when I wake up it wont even have the lightning symbol and it will be dead battery. Now the charger DOES work and so does the battery. It's the phone and I just don't know why..

Anyone have an idea? Thanks

-Rizz
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Sometimes we have to go through a few of them to find the right one. It's worth it in the end

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    agreed!

it is most certainly worth it.
    as to why your phones are doing this...
    it is possible (probably even probable) that they are replacing your phone with re-furbs
    and they may just be near the end of their life.
    I've never had these sorts of problems with either of my berries
    (8130 & 8330) *KNOCK ON WOOD*
    hope this next one works out better.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    Thanks guys.

PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    I wish I could get them to send me a upgraded model of the Pearl maybe even a 8110 or 8120 which ever it is.

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    You need to be super careful with the 8100. This is my 4th device in a little over a year. Trackball broke once, keys stopped working once, wouldn't get signal once and the last one had a lot of dead spots on the screen.

The 8100 is poor quality. I keep mine in a case at all times now. I didn't get a case the first 3 times I got a new one. Now I don't drop it and am very careful.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early