For all that know me, I usually replace my BB's on average every 3 to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

3rd party software and Open Tunnel Failed

Advertisement

For all that know me, I usually replace my BB's on average every 3 to 4 months for the past 2 yrs.

Being so, I have to replace all my 3rd party software. A few times I have had no problems in installing 3rd party software. Majority of the time Iam receiving message open tunnel failed.

For those who have TMO, and after the APN has been set correctly, and you are still receiving these messages, wait for a few days for some odd reason it will kick in.

Do not bother calling TMO/RIM to inquire why...they will either scold you for using 3rd party software, or ask you questions as to what do you know about wap, APN addresses, who told ya, and in a around about way, hint to you that they too use 3rd party, but cannot give you any answers. I have told them several times I get more valuable info. via pinstack, and they too should check it out, perhaps they too may learn something.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: 3rd party software and Open Tunnel Failed

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hahahahahahaha! I hear what you are saying. And its all so true!

And the reason it takes so long sometimes is, it sometimes takes upto 72 hours before they have you fully set up on there system.

At least thats what I've been told by tier 2 techs at Tmo.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Many of us are on Pinstack
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~John41 at least someone told you, about the set up time. I only get the 3rd degree as if I stole something.

It helps to be firm but friendly. And also I own chat groups on upoc, Moderator on here. And I make sure they know that. Also im a supervisor at UPS, which you know, handles the shipping for tmo. And I make sure they know all this and how important it is my stuff work properly.

Normally, when I tell them I am a moderator on PS, they change there tune rather quickly. I've even had them ask me questions. Lol!

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41

It helps to be firm but friendly. And also I own chat groups on upoc, Moderator on here. And I make sure they know that. Also im a supervisor at UPS, which you know, handles the shipping for tmo. And I make sure they know all this and how important it is my stuff work properly.

Normally, when I tell them I am a moderator on PS, they change there tune rather quickly. I've even had them ask me questions. Lol!
    I am sure they will ask you questions....it seems majority of them has no clue.....I am just glad whoever that BB Rep was he gave me the recommendation to jump on pin stack...what an angel he was !!

PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Quote Originally Posted by williamlc21
    Many of us are on Pinstack
    William...they must be on pin stack's site when I call into TMO....

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Lol... So we learned that TMO help is useless.. And pinstack is the way to go

I would not say Tmo help is useless. Quite the contrary. They have many knowledgeable people. The answer you may be getting here, just may be from a Tmo employee. Never judge a book by its cover.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Got my internet access running with Opera Mini and this howto. As of Opera Mini: I can browse websites now. To my surprise I can also access servers on the Internet from within third party applications. E.g. I really Spot (a GPS and mapping tool) which comes with some pre-configured web map servers who require my BlackBerry to have Internet access. As I am not on a BES nor subscribed to BIS I was afraid that this might never work. However, I got it working and view my location on a map which is downloaded from the Internet now.

P.S.: The error output of Spot (when I didn't have the Internet configured yet) was also something about "open tunnel failure".