Ok I know this may be a dumb question but what (if any) are the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

3rd party software

Advertisement

Ok I know this may be a dumb question but what (if any) are the risks involved in loading thrird party software onto my pearl? Can it cause problems with the os or does it void my insurance or manufacturer's warranty?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 3rd party software

Well, sometimes apps you load on mess up other things on your pearl. If this happens all you do is find out what app is messing it up and delete it!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

basically anything you do voids the insurance & warranty.. if they catch you.

just make sure if anything does go wrong to completely wipe phone back to factory settings and restore one of the OS versions your provider has released before turning in for replacement.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I cant speak for all carriers, but with Sprint you can load whatever you want to the BB and it does not void your warranty. The only void would be if you alter the physical appearance of the phone.

I have tons of third party software on my BB, if I load something that isnt good I delete it, simple. Pretty much if its discussed here on pinstack it should be ok for you to download.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

cp, are you speaking insurance or manufacturers warranty? cuz the manufacturer warranty for pearl speaks of replacement for any defect found in phone and does not include water damage, radiation and additional listing. I'm trying to find the booklet to quote. it was quite a list.

For now here's quote from t-mob insurance:

Part B under 'exclusions'

g. Programming, Repair Work Programming, cleaning, adjusting, repairing, modifying, or performing any other work upon Covered Property. h. Virus Computer virus or any other malicious code or similar instruction that: (1) Disrupts the normal operation of the Covered Property; or (2) Results in destruction of or unsuitability of data or programs stored in the Covered Property.