Ok, I have done, what i think, has been a decent amount of searching on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fvnktion no está en línea Stack level 1

3rd Party apps blocked T-mobile Tmobile

Advertisement

Ok, I have done, what i think, has been a decent amount of searching on this topic. So please have patience, as im sure there is an answer out there somewhere.

I am trying to seek a solution to getting 3rd party apps (abidia, opera mini, google maps) to work on my t mobile pearl via T mobile. I have not read any forums that conclusively state that 3rd party apps are being blocked, but it does seem to be quite apparent, when all internet functionality works, other than 3rd party apps. Can someone shed some light on what t mobile is doing with respect to this topic???

Assuming that 3rd party apps are indeed blocked by the carrier is there a of getting them to function with modification?? Will unlocking the phone have any change on the applications being blocked??

Questions:
    -Does T mobile indeed block third party apps from internet access???

-Is there a way to get third party apps to access the internet if they are intentionally being blocked???

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 3rd Party apps blocked T-mobile Tmobile

T-Mobile does not block 3rd party apps. I have lots on my T-Mobile blackberrys, inlcuding Opera and google.

you may need to set up you tcp

options, advanced options, tcp

apn should be wap.voicestream.com
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

T-Mobile doesn't block third party apps from the internet..

Go to options, advance options, TCP.. on the APN put wap.voicestream.com, leave username and password blank.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

No problems here either. I have Opera Mini, JiveTalk, Yahoo, Google Talk, BlackBerry Messenger, IM + (for MySpace Messenger), IM + for Skype, PocketDay Beta, WorldMate Live Beta, SoftReset, PinStack Launcher, Google Maps, bplay, LexSpell, Nimbuzz, and 9 games on my Pearl (BrickBreaker, Circle Popper, KaGlom, Next, Next Level 2, PinStacker, Spider Solitaire, Sudoku, Tetris, and Trooper Typing).

bacterium no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204A98FA

I have Cellular One, but I had this problem with two different Pearls (one was an unlocked T-Mobile). But to fix it I just went to the Host Routing Table under Advanced Options, where I had two options, selected the other one and it worked...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fvnktion no está en línea Stack level 1

Damn, i love it when i make stupid mistakes. I had a space after a dot in wap.voicestream.com and never recognized it!!!! Got all the apps working excpet for opera mini......not sure what its deal is, but glad to see the others working!?

Thanks for clearing up those questions that have been giving me bugs under my finger nails........i find that so many forums dont know what they are talking about and it ends up screwing everyone else up. Hope this one sheds some light on whether or not T mobile is currently blocking 3rd party apps.

thanks for the help!!

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It's nice to find out your bb is not on the fritz and it's human error. I've learned to take deep breaths and a break because almost every time it's my fault =) glad to hear it's fixed lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

synthalo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c93ad

Go to your security setting on your device. Look and see if there is and IT policy installed. Some companys block users on thier BES from downloading third party apps.