Hi guys, I'm new to the world of BlackBerry's and have already found this site ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

omar.gurnah no está en línea Stack level 1

3 quick noob questions! (Themes & Sent Mail)

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I'm new to the world of BlackBerry's and have already found this site invaluable in setting-up, updating and customising my BB Pearl. Thanks a million!!!

I just have 3 very quick questions, the answers to which I cannot find anywhere...

1) When I send an email from my Pearl, it immediately appears in my inbox. Is there any way to create a simple filter to hide these 'sent' messages? (The Hide Sent Message option in the settings menu seems to not help)
    Sorted, I set up a filter on the T-Mobile website. Answer found in these forums... again! Thank you!

2) T-Zones browser does not let you access mobile.blackberry.com, this seems to be a common problem. I depserately want the official theme which mixes the Zen and Today themes. Can anyone sent it to me or provide a direct OTA link? PLEASE!!!!
    Sorted, a new icon 'BlackBerry HELP!' appeared on the Pearl today out of nowhere. The microsite now works. Wierd but true! Thanks again.

3) Opera Mini 4 Beta (mini.opera.com/beta) installs on my device but does not show up in the main menu. Although Opera say there are known problems with early firmwares, I am running 4.2.1.96
    Help! (v3.1 works fine)
    Just to confirm, the icon does not show up in the applications list. It isn't hidden. V3 works fine. Still no luck with v4.

Thanks a million in advance guys!
    Last edited by omar.gurnah; 07-03-2007 at 07:56 PM.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: 3 quick noob questions! (Themes & Sent Mail)

Hey omar.gurnah, and welcome 2 PinStack!

1)You wouldn't happen to be using Gmail to send those emails would you? If so, then what you should do is head 2 your carriers BIS site and create an email filter for your gmail account specifying that all email sent from your own gmail address NOT be forwarded to your handheld.

2)You should have your BIS internet browser avalable to you, if not then you should call T-Mo and indicate to the BlackBerry support that your browser isn't showing up. Since as far as I know, going to the mobile.blackberry.com website on your BB is the ONLY way to obtain the Today Plus theme.

3)Did you check to see if the Opera icon was hidden by hitting the menu key and selecting *show all?*

Let us know if this helps you any.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey,

I got number 1 sorted, thank you.

2) I have the BIS internet browser, but T-Mobile's version (T-Zones) is sent as a service book, and does not identify itself as a BlackBerry browser on the mobile.blackberry.com microsite. I've read of a few people with these problems. To help them, someone sent direct links to the games they wanted. I'm hoping someone might be able to do the same with the Today Plus theme?

3) Yep, I checked and Opera 4 def. isn't hidden. It just doesn't show up. Again, I found a thread with someone else suffering the same problem, but nobody answered him!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Check for the Opera icon (a big red O) under Applications.
    JerryD

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by omar.gurnah
    Hey,

I got number 1 sorted, thank you.

2) I have the BIS internet browser, but T-Mobile's version (T-Zones) is sent as a service book, and does not identify itself as a BlackBerry browser on the mobile.blackberry.com microsite. I've read of a few people with these problems. To help them, someone sent direct links to the games they wanted. I'm hoping someone might be able to do the same with the Today Plus theme?
    -

The t-zones browser is a WAP Browser, not the Internet Browser. Do you have a BlackBerry data plan or just the T-zone data plan?

You will not get the BlackBerry Internet Browser without the BB data plan. And without the Internet Browser you can't download from the BB mobile site.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I think Rcbjr hit the nail on the head.

If you're trying to use the Pearl without a Blackberry data plan, you're only going to be able to use a WAP browser such as T-Zone.

With a Blackberry data plan, you'll have access to non WAP browsers such as Opera or the BlackBerry Browser.

This is all controlled by the service books. If you havn't signed up for the BlackBerry data plan, you will only get the WAP service book and not the one necessary to connect using other browsers.

If you've signed up for the BlackBerry data plan but still aren't seeing the BlackBerry browser service book, you need to log into your BIS site and resend the service books.

Hope this help.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a BlackBerry Data plan and an unlimited GPRS data bundle.

Strangely, a new icon called 'BlackBerry Help' appeared on my Pearl today, and I can now access the microsite with no problems. I guess I just had to wait for something to 'click' into place on the BlackBerry Servers (I only just got activated yesterday afternoon).

Only problem remaining is the issue of Opera. The icon really doesn't show in the applications list. As I say, v3 is there, but but v4 just doesn't want to show up. Nobody else have the same problem?
    Last edited by omar.gurnah; 07-03-2007 at 07:57 PM.