Hello, I just bought a 2GB SD card for my pearl after the fact that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dajohnson no está en línea Stack level 1

2GB SD card for Pearl

Advertisement

Hello,
    I just bought a 2GB SD card for my pearl after the fact that the girl that sold me my phone said it would work after I update my phone software which I have done. After talking to customer care for T-mobile he said the pearl does not support 2GB card. Is this true? are there any fixes or tricks to get it working? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 2GB SD card for Pearl

hmm, thats strange. i have the most up to date os software on my pearl, and i popped my 2gb card in and it works just fine.

Are there some sort of settings or something that I need to change my phone? when i put it in the phone just locks up when the battery is replaced??

and your phone has the most up to date software in it? i know that the phone locks up with a 2gb card but that was if you had one of the older os softwares in it, as the newest one fixed this issue.

the software i have on my phone is: v4.2.0.64

if you do indeed have this version, i would try reinstalling it, taking out the battery for 30 seconds after, and then placing the card back in. but the .64 software is what you need

Nope still doesn't work. Only a blank white screen after replacing the battery?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

dajohnson what os version do you have?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Well, anyone?

this is really strange, sorry i can't be of any help. perhaps its a corrupted issue with the phone itself? i would take it back to tmobile and ask them to try it and if they can't have a tech there fix it to have it replaced

Well when calling T-mobile, they say that the pearl does not yet support 2GB card. So I doubt they will help when supposivly it shouldn't work.

hmm, thats strange, because the new os DOES enable the support of a 2gb micro card.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Man this makes me mad, what the heck is wrong with those reps!!!??? Are they like way behind or wat? If u're using the latest OS it sould work, no questions. If it doesnt, it's either a problem with your SD MICRO Card or your phone. Maybe try formatting the card.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a 2 gig card in my phone. I purchased it before I knew I had to upgrade so it didn't work at first. However, after talking to a tmo BB rep they told me to simply upgrade and the 2gig card would work. I did upgrade and now it works great! So, yes it is supported, and yes, the tmo reps should know that.
    I know that doesn't fix your problem but at least now you know that the tmo reps should know it works. Make sure you talk to an actual BB rep.
    Hope that helps.