ok so i tried the update from tmobile directly...version .64, and it corrected the reset ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

khenzel no está en línea Stack level 1

2gb mmc card error! help!

Advertisement

ok so i tried the update from tmobile directly...version .64, and it corrected the reset issue, but when i disconnected my blackberry from the usb cable it is stuck in mass storage mode so i cannot view the card. i have tried pulling the battery out, formatting the card, resetting the phone, just about everything. anyone else have this problem?

tried downgrading to rigers .51 as well...same thing. i can transfer files over usb, but i simply cannot use the card on the phone as it is stuck in the massive storage view mode. any help please?

Edit:
    i'm using a 2gb scandisk mmc btw

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 2gb mmc card error! help!

Welcome to PINSTACK!
    what exactly are you trying to do?
    in mass storage mode, you can use windows explorer to open up card and transfer items - just as simple, IMO, as using the desktop manager. i have noticed that once you enable mass storage mode, you will not be able to use desktop manager to save items on your card.
    can you see it as 'its own drive' using windows explorer?

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    Welcome to PINSTACK!
    what exactly are you trying to do?
    in mass storage mode, you can use windows explorer to open up card and transfer items - just as simple, IMO, as using the desktop manager. i have noticed that once you enable mass storage mode, you will not be able to use desktop manager to save items on your card.
    can you see it as 'its own drive' using windows explorer?
    Cherrichiodo - The problem is that, once you're in mass storage mode, you can't access the media card's files on the device.

KHenzel - I would wait a few days for the Cingular OS to be released - it may help. Otherwise, I see a wipe and reinstall in your future.

khenzel no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    Cherrichiodo - The problem is that, once you're in mass storage mode, you can't access the media card's files on the device.

KHenzel - I would wait a few days for the Cingular OS to be released - it may help. Otherwise, I see a wipe and reinstall in your future.
    ty for the suggestions but i fixed the problem. to clerify it was STUCK in mass storage mode even when i undocked it from the usb cable and powered off/on + battery reset. i took my 2gb card and swapped it with the one in my verizon phone...problem fixed. for some reason my blackberry didnt like this scandisk card...but it liked the other (same exact type of card). my verizon phone was impartial to both...so i got it working.

i have no explination for it other then my blackberry is racist. it likes only certain mmc cards.

east high no está en línea Stack level 1

Otherwise, I see a wipe and reinstall in your future.
    Hello. I'm new to the BB world (just got a pearl) and already having issues with the ringtone/audio going silent on me. It works when played through the earpiece, but who wants that?

I saw your post about 'wipe and reinstall' and was currious as to how one does that? I know how to upgrade (I'm on .67), but would like to know how to get back to square one. Maybe I'll have better luck retaining my audio if can start from scratch again.

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by east high
    Hello. I'm new to the BB world (just got a pearl) and already having issues with the ringtone/audio going silent on me. It works when played through the earpiece, but who wants that?

I saw your post about 'wipe and reinstall' and was currious as to how one does that? I know how to upgrade (I'm on .67), but would like to know how to get back to square one. Maybe I'll have better luck retaining my audio if can start from scratch again.
    instructions on going back:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...g_systems.html

PIN/ID
    ATA

only if its still connected to the pc.
    once disconnected, you *should* be able to access the media card via the device. unless of course, you have a racist card

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

gotta love hijacks!

pinoykillaz no está en línea Stack level 2

i tried to use my SD from my L7 slvr to my pearl(tmobile) why i cant see any of my song or any file that i save on my SD any help???????