Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey guys, i just got the blackberry pearl yesterday. i donwloaded the desktop manager version ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

leodrums no está en línea Stack level 2

2 quick questions

Advertisement

hey guys, i just got the blackberry pearl yesterday. i donwloaded the desktop manager version 4.2 and it installed fine, but when i try to open the media manager, it stops as soon as the Roxio screen comes up and gives me a runtime error. why is that?

also, when i connect it via usb, it shows up as a removable hard drive but when i attempt to open it, it says "please insert a drive into disk (g. will getting a memory card solve that problem?

thanks in advance.

Re: 2 quick questions

drive (g: ) **

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

Two quick answers (no pun intended):

1. You could try a reinstall of the DM. Make sure you have the latest updates from MicroShaft. When in doubt, check RIM's website and see if the problem is listed there.

2. Yes, a card would solve that, and as cheap as they are now, you should get one. Frees up a lot of room on your BB. Plus, you could do your uploads of tones, pics, etc. right into the card thru Winblows, eliminating any Roxio probs.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Stacks.
    ~via BombaBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok, thanks, that does help, but is there a way to access the 64 available mb of storage on the phone? I mean, can i save ringtones straight to the phone from my computer some how or do i need a memory card? I'm going to pick one up this week, but I am just wondering if thats possible.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

64 mb of space is not a lot when you're talking ringtones, music, video and pictures. you'll run out of memory very quickly -- most of that space is already taken up by programs. and memory cards are WAY CHEAP. I would highly recommend getting one, even a 1 MB card would open up all kind of possibilities for using your BB.

BombaMyte no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240B992D

Yeah, I work with a 1GB card and have plenty of room left.. Cop that card.

Yeah dude I understand that, I'm gonna get one for sure, I just want to know if it's possible to put ringtones on my phone until I pick one up later this week. Thanks.

soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    \P

Quote Originally Posted by BombaMyte
    Two quick answers (no pun intended):

1. You could try a reinstall of the DM. Make sure you have the latest updates from MicroShaft. When in doubt, check RIM's website and see if the problem is listed there.

2. Yes, a card would solve that, and as cheap as they are now, you should get one. Frees up a lot of room on your BB. Plus, you could do your uploads of tones, pics, etc. right into the card thru Winblows, eliminating any Roxio probs.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the Stacks.
    how is that a pun? lol, im joking.

Ok guys, I just picked up a 1 GB memory card. I'm still getting the same message when I try to access the removable drive (Please insert a disk into drive G: ). Any suggestions???

try sticking it in your phone and enabling mass storage device. you should get that option on your bb when you connect it to your computer. on my computer, the card is K:. play around and see if you can get it to work and let us know.

its already enabled as a mass storage device, i can see the card in my phone, showing the free space and stuff. why wont it work?

what if i partition the drive?

ok i installed the DM, and it started working, i dont think the roxio is going to work though, but as long as i can drag and drop, its all good

that's great! I actually prefer to drag and drop, Roxio is a big clunky program imho.

ok now i have another stupid problem. i drag the files into the folders, and i can see them there. however, when i go to "media" in my phone, and go to device, there is nothing there? now whats wrong lol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast