The 2 key doesn't light up on my Pearl. It's still visible in the dark ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jason8888 no está en línea Stack level 3

2 key doesn't light up.

Advertisement

The 2 key doesn't light up on my Pearl. It's still visible in the dark because the lights behind the other keys spill over behind it. But it obviously doesn't have a light of its own. Anybody else have this problem, or do I have a defective Pearl?

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 2 key doesn't light up.

I don't have this issue.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to the Stacks Jason8888.

wordthenerd Guest

Take it back and get an 8700.

MoJoe no está en línea Stack level 1

hey Jason, I have the same exact problem. I received my 8100 yesterday and the 2 doesn't light, everything else seems good though. I'm on the phone with Tmobile to send me an exchange... my dumb luck.

BTW I love this phone except for the already discussed prob of the trackball muting incoming calls when it's in your pocket.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by MoJoe
    hey Jason, I have the same exact problem. I received my 8100 yesterday and the 2 doesn't light, everything else seems good though. I'm on the phone with Tmobile to send me an exchange... my dumb luck.
    I'm trying to decide if it's worth switching it out for this little issue. Let us know how it works out.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

Seems like these Pearls are a lil wonky..

Quote Originally Posted by CAPONE
    Seems like these Pearls are a lil wonky..
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. In fact, I think this is kind of a non issue. If I pull up the edge of the 2 key a little bit, I can see that there is a light under it. I think that maybe there is something blocking it, or maybe the plastic is thicker for some reason on the 2 key. I didn't notice if it was like that when I first got it. It might have some pocket lint behind it or something. I don't really think anything is defective. It just doesn't look as cool...

I've had this phone for about a week. If that's the only thing I find that I don't like about it, I'll still be extremely pleased.

I think I'll go look at some other Pearls in the store today and see if they do the same thing.