Just checked out ebay and yes there is 2 of them on there, at a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D

2 8100s on ebay

Advertisement

Just checked out ebay and yes there is 2 of them on there, at a very high price to. The one guy says he can unlock it for $20. I know I will be waiting to go to the store.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: 2 8100s on ebay

This Ad

First off this one is a joke. Unless is BoyGenius selling it, which I doubt it is, because those pictures are ones that he took.

I am guessing that the one listed above is a scam.

And look. If one is listed today, they go on sale tomorrow at the stores. It's not unlocked. So why would you want to buy it? By the time the auction ends tonight in 5 hours, it won't be shipped out until tomorrow and you will get it 1-3 days later.

Ebay is such a joke when it comes to things like this. I no longer mess with ebay because there are nothing but a bunch of people trying to scam you on there. Posting pictures and ad's for things they don't even own then trying to buy it.

Unless I see at engadget the Boy Genius is selling his 8100, I am calling complete B.S. on ATLEAST the above listed item.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow. I'm a power ebayer. Been lucky myself

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Gee I hope I win this auction [/sarcasm]

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I notice it mainly on new electronic devices and automobiles especially. There are countless fake ads on ebay for cars.

Michspirit99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2479F912

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ebay is not bad. You have to know what to lok for. Look for power sellers. If they aren't, then you r taking a risk, I bought this bb off ebay without a hitch.but the ones posted r fakeies

I concur with michspirit99, you kinda have to know what you are doing. Also if something seems too good to be true, it prolly is ...or else I would have already bought it

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I saw that exact same post about the 8100s on bbforums.com!

But like the others have said...you have to read the user reviews for the seller to get an idea of their legitimacy! I shop eBay quit often and haven't had any troubles to date!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D

I am the one who posted earlier about the 8100s on ebay. Yeah I bounce back and forth on the two forums. My contract with verizon is up in a month, and I will be getting 2 bb. I dont know if I will be getting the 8700 or 8100. I just like to review as much as I can before I buy anything. I will be going with t-mobile for my carrier. I couldnt decide between a smartphone or a bb, but I decided on the blackberry for the following reason.
    1. since I need 2 of them 1 for me and 1 for my wife, I like the fact of the ease of use for my wife. I know if I got say a treo my wife would be telling me to take it back in a week and get her a regular phone.
    2.My wife and I are sold on the bb because of the abuse they can take (I have 2 younger kids and if they get there hands on our phones there is always something messed up with them).
    3. My wife does day trading and she likes the fact she can buy, sell and check her stocks while she is out. We just went to disney world for two weeks and she was driving me ad herself crazy because she couldnt check them.
    4. I like to text, e-mail, and surf the web.

I searched the forums and found the most I could, but if anyone lives around the Plainfield, IL. area and has t-mobile, I am curious if they get a good signal around here. We have had Verizon for aroung 6 years and after a bunch of rude cust. service reps I will not be renewing my contract with them. We have always had good signal and reception from verizon so that is why I am asking.
    Thanks, Sorry so long

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~TONY597fittr, if you and your wife both get BBs you will also be able to PIN message each other for free instantly. Its another great feature of the berry. I also replied to your post about T-Mobile service. I think you will be pleased with their coverage and their Customer Care is second to none.

deucedst no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241F2230

I looked at the ebay ad.....it is now at 761.00.....in the ad it says the phone retails for 899.99 I can't believe people are bidding on it.......
    crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still like ebay.... i bought my 8700g off of ebay too.....
    Deucedst

zyggy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF2532

isn't there a way to ask the seller questions so it automatically posts on the listing? Like "I thought they were selling for 299.00?"

No the seller has the option to check yes or no for the 'make questions viewable to other members' .

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by zyggy
    isn't there a way to ask the seller questions so it automatically posts on the listing? Like "I thought they were selling for 299.00?"
    Hah, or just a big "IF YOU BUY THIS DEVICE FOR $800, PLEASE CONTACT ME BECAUSE I HAVE OCEAN FRONT PROPERTY IN ARIZONA I AM SELLING FOR CHEAP!"

tjoanne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304845CB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Lol, at the ocean front property! I left verizon too and the only thing I miss about them was getting service while on the subway!I am actually in an area where the service is almost the lightest green, with other Tmo phones I didn't get service in our. Bathroom and our basement, however, with the BB I have service in the basement and sometimes I get service in my bathroom! And while driving home I always lose service on 1 particular street; but Tmo's customer service is excellent and for the most part so is their service! And 2nd when Tmo was about to release the sidekick 3 my friend saw one on ebay the day before it was 2 be released wonder if the same person is selling it!