Alright so i bought this adapter from radio shack(2.5mm to 3.5mm) so i could listen ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pabloescobar no está en línea Stack level 2

2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter

Advertisement

Alright so i bought this adapter from radio shack(2.5mm to 3.5mm) so i could listen to music while in the operating room, i simply plug in the 3.5mm prong into my pearl adapter, no dice.. i tried hooking it up to an fm transmitter.. no dice...WTF! the sound comes out of the hadnset speaker but wont transfer through the adapter. it works fine when i plug in my 2.5mm stereo earphones

i made sure it was the three ring adapter and everything. am i doing something wrong? or is this just another reason too hate the pearl?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Return the Radio Shack adapter. It will never work.

You need a 4-connector adapter. The only place I know to get one is http://www.seidioonline.com. Select Blackberry > 8800 > Headsets/Audio Adapters/FM transmitter. You'll see they have three types with an embedded microphone plus one kind that is a straight pass-through. Good luck.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

This may not be the answer you want, but all I can suggest is the Seidio adapter. It appears to be the one adapter you can buy that will work properly.

Threads available in the "Similar threads" list above that discuss it. Here's a link to one of them.

Sorry you don't like your phone. Most folks would agree that the Pearl "1" is a pretty weak media player, but its not the worst out there. In all other respects, its been a great device for a lot of people.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2

You can't use a run of the mill 2.5-3.5 converter, you have to use one specially designed for the blackberry Pearl ( not sure if these adapters work with all blackberrys or just the pearl), there are two that are compatible and shouldn't give you problems and they are both available in the pinstack shop. for like $10-$15

mdillon no está en línea Stack level 1

http://pinouts.ru/PDA/blackberry_headset_pinout.shtml

shows how the 4 pin works. just ground your 1st pin to the 4th pin and it will bypass a microphone but you will still get stereo sound.

requires soldering to make work

shmengie no está en línea Stack level 4

also, if you hate your pearl so much, why don't you get rid of it?
    2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2.
    - Grabel's Law

pabloescobar no está en línea Stack level 2

hey guys thanks for the response, the adapter i bought from radio is identical to the one in the pic(other than the gold plating) it has the three black stripes.even the mono adapter gives u sound where this doesnt even acknowledge a connection.

btw,
    if u dont have anything useful to add in response, please save your mid-morning banter for someone else. yes i am not happy with it, and yes i am in the process of "getting rid of it", captain obvious..

mdillon no está en línea Stack level 1

thats why you need a 4 pin the phone wont acknowledge headphones bieng blugged in unless the first pin is shorted to the ground

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~within my first 4 words I said you need a 4-conductor adapter. Their is only one place to get it. Please just use my prior instructions and be done with this. I support a hundred blackberries and have used all 4 of Seidio's adapters. They just work. So just do it.

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2
    a 4-conductor adapter is not necessary, a regular 3-conductor works well if spaced correctly.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    The seidio adapter is the only one I know that works flawlessly, why bother messing with the spacing of a 3-conductor when instead you can buy the 4-conductor and not have to worry about it. I have one myself and it worked great until I loaded 4.5 os and and started using the S9 stereo bluetooth headset.
    Also once you load 4.5 onto the 8100, the media handling becomes way smoother. IMHO
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I have to chime in here, the ONLY one Ive found that will work, as most here have said is the Seidio adapter

paulwallg13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    I know I have been able to use ipod adapters and it works for me so maybe try that~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

enikolayev no está en línea Stack level 2
    i took the hands free mic from my friends fusic and it works perfectly, just plug in headphones into the mic piece and it works just like an adapter. the wire is a little long though, but it is a cheaper fix if you have a friend that doesn't use their hands free headset