All, I have 3 seidio adapters which all worked great up until yesterday. I, now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

2.5mm Port Not Working (with adapter)

Advertisement

All,

I have 3 seidio adapters which all worked great up until yesterday. I, now none of them work. I can't believe it is the adapter because they all stopped working....but my Jabra C220 headphones still work just fine with my Pearl. Does anyone have any ideas that could help figure out the problem. I have rebooted, reloaded, re-everything with no success.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very appreciative. If all else fails I am hoping I am still in the warranty period because I don't think I can live without my Pearl working with cassette adapters and other headphones.

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 2.5mm Port Not Working (with adapter)

Make sure your headphones are connected to the adapter then connecting the adapter last to the phone. Good luck.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Unless I am mistaken, the plug-in order has nothing to do with this, there is nothing smart about these adapters that would require them to have a specific order.

Perhaps the jack is wearing out. How is the audio quality on the Jabra set? Is it ever intermittent?

I have tried every plug in order and nothing seems to make a difference. My C220 seem pretty good but I do get mono on occasion and just have to unplug and replug in the headphones.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by SDEEDY
    Make sure your headphones are connected to the adapter then connecting the adapter last to the phone. Good luck.
    Speedy is absolutely correct about the order of connection. This is inherent to the device and has nothing to do with the adapter.

Thanks

agembry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Speedy is correct. Also , mine is hard to plug in. Make sure its ALL the way in or it'll crackle and go mono every time the handheld moves

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The bb could be trying to detect the microphone when it senses the connection of the adapter and then senses none and flips out. This would be a surprising lack of good engineering on RIM's part. In theory it should never, ever work like that. An adapter is merely an adapter.

As far as your problem goes it is probably related to this since these adapters seem to follow some funky issues anyway. To follow it along a logical path, what headphones are you using to plug into the adapters, perhaps this is where the problem lies. Have you tried multiple 3.5mm headsets plugged into these adapters?

Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The bb could be trying to detect the microphone when it senses the connection of the adapter and then senses none and flips out. This would be a surprising lack of good engineering on RIM's part. In theory it should never, ever work like that. An adapter is merely an adapter.

As far as your problem goes it is probably related to this since these adapters seem to follow some funky issues anyway. To follow it along a logical path, what headphones are you using to plug into the adapters, perhaps this is where the problem lies. Have you tried multiple 3.5mm headsets plugged into these adapters?
    Yes I have tried multiple headphones, cassette adapters, etc. I gave up and have come to the conclusion it is probably a handheld hardware issue and TMO is sending me a replacement unit. Thank goodness it is still under warranty. I will report back and let you know if the adapters work on my new unit when I receive or if it is truly an adapter issue.

SIB

BrentRS1985 no está en línea Stack level 1

I was under the impression that you have to purchase headphones from blackberry because even with an adaptor, headphones wont work with your blackberry unless they have the built in microphone. I purchased a few different adaptors from radio shack and neither of them worked with my sony headphones.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

i am using the seidio adapter...when i put it into my pearl directly....the headphones does not work...but wen i diagonally push then means rotating the head to an angle of 45 degree then put it ...then it works

BrentRS1985 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet
    i am using the seidio adapter...when i put it into my pearl directly....the headphones does not work...but wen i diagonally push then means rotating the head to an angle of 45 degree then put it ...then it works
    so would you recommend that adapter, or should I continue looking for something better? Is it a problem with our phones or is it a problem with the adapters. I wan't to use my phone as an mp3 player but I need to know what adapter isn't a waste of money. Please help me

grahamy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2436056d

I had bought an adapter, tried it, it didnt work. The normal hands free one earbud worked fine. Then I bought the dual bb headphones and they worked fine. Then eventually one day, it started going in and out though the speaker and then the headset. now the dual ones dont work period, and the single earbud will work, but you have to twist it around a few times before you get any sound. verry annoying, but just want to make sure id get a replacement if i tried a warranty extange