Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am having problems hooking this phone up to my stereo. I assume it will ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dieseljoe no está en línea Stack level 1

2.5mm headphone jack issues

Advertisement

I am having problems hooking this phone up to my stereo. I assume it will hook up just like an IPOD, with the mini stereo jack to left and right RCA cable I have. The only difference is that on the 8100 the jack is 2.5mm so I bought a 2.5mm male stereo to 3.5mm female sterep adapter from Radio Shack. When I plug it in, I only get one channel of audio, no stereo. Anyone else have this issue? If so, is there another 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that I should be using instead?

Thanks!

jamesgraylx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203f5731

Re: 2.5mm headphone jack issues

one stripe on the minijack plug means mono, two means stereo - im not sure bb,s are stereo though???

gatesareus no está en línea Stack level 1

My son has a stereo headset for his Sidekick 3. It has FOUR conductors. I assume one for right channel, left channel, mic and ground. The normal 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter is for THREE conductors, right, left and ground. You/we may have to find a very specific adapter that adapts the four pin 2.5mm to a three pin 3.5mm socket.

gatesareus no está en línea Stack level 1

I think I found the correct adapter. I can't post urls, so go to seidionline .com and search for XDA325M35FST.

MagicFeather no está en línea Stack level 2

Lucky that you could even find an adapter. I used an old headset from my old SDA and it only played one side, too. Today, I went to 3 stores and finally found a headset at office depot (or officemax, I forget), and bought a plantronics stereo headset w/ 2.5mm plug. It's got a mic built in, too. Jabra had one as well, but I liked the PTronics better. The earbuds are a little weird, but more comfortable than I expected. They stay in better than ipods, too.

I gave my shuffle to my girlfriend. I love this phone.

GP
    GP no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by gatesareus
    I think I found the correct adapter. I can't post urls, so go to seidionline .com and search for XDA325M35FST.
    Has anybody tried this or any other adaptor? I would assume any 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adaptor would work but i want to be certain before i order it. Thanks

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2

The radio shack adpator does NOT work.

swoop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B99A7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I did the same exact thing yesterday (Radio Shack) and now I am going to have to return the 2.5 adapters today. They don't have the right part at all since a mic connector is involved adding that 3rd darker band that you should see separating 4 gold bands on the plug's tip (as stated above.)
    I just refuse to buy yet another set of headphones considering the cash I have put into so many already (ipod, psp, laptop, etc)
    I can't wait for feedback on this adapter that is online...

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

I am currently using the radio shack adapter. There is a trick 2 it though. You have to gentley find the sweet spot in the adapter. If not you'll get one ear or the other, but if you get it right, music in stereo baby. Only other prob, the built in volume control on my headphones will bring up voice dialing. Easy fix, use the volume on the pearl player or use another set of headphnes with out volume control. Hope this helps.
    Viva the alpha llama
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

swoop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B99A7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I tried that too but I think that what you are getting is the same signal in each ear - mono. Plus if you barely nudge the cord, you're back to screwing around with it again until u find the sweet spot. This is bound to eventually wear out the headphone port altogether. I wouldn't recommend this "workaround" to anyone who values their BB.

MagicFeather no está en línea Stack level 2

My plantronics headphones work great with Pearl, but I like the idea of jacking into a stereo or my Fiance's car audio port.

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

I ordered the adapter from seidio and it works just fine, but there is one small thing. If you plug in your adapter before the headphones you will only get sound in one ear. Once you plug in the headphones first and then the adapter into the phone, it will be good to go and you can hotswap from then on as well, you shouldn't have to pull it out again but just be able to switch if needed. I use a cassette in my tape player and plug that into my adapter on my phone to use my car sound system for my music while i'm in my car and then just plug in my headphones when I leave the car.

Highly recomend that adapter for anyone using their BB for mp3.

Z.SmithPearl no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the same problem. I got a 2 stripe adaptor at RadioShack and it didn't work and then I ordered a 3 stripe online and still no luck. It did work for my dad's PocketPC and my girlfriend's Chocolate though. With both of these it never stops playing through the speaker on the BB though. But I do have a set of stereo headphones from a Samsung that work fine and don't need an adaptor. I'm just trying to hook it up to my stereo.

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eadphones.html <---

I already posted this. You need a 4 conductor adaptor. 1 for ground 2 for left and right and another for mic. And RadioShack doesn't carry 4 conductor ones. You can find some on eBay though.
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

christoffski no está en línea Stack level 1

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue with the Seido 2.5mm adaptor. But if I'm using a bluetooth headset and then I plug in a set of headphones with the bluetooth I can't talk to answered calls, I can only hear them. Anyone else have this problem? or know of a fix?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast