i guess people have asked this question before, but i cudnt find a satisfactory answer ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blaber no está en línea Stack level 2

2.5 mm headphone jack

Advertisement

i guess people have asked this question before, but i cudnt find a satisfactory answer so sorry ...

i tried a number of 2.5 to 3.5 adapters and even a 3 ring 2.5 mm headphones...
    but whenever i insert the jack it always goes to voice dialling and i am not able to hear the songs thru the earphones..... how to stop this???

are all 2.5 mm jacks same or there can be certain variations >????

mdfleck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400FE4D
    I'm not sure about others, but I bought a 10 dollar converter pack at Wal-Mart that converts the standard size headphone jack down to the 2.5 jack and it works fine with my 8100. I bought a Belkin radio transmitter to hook up to an iPhone/mp3 player/cell phone and used the converter with the transmitter to transmit music/sound from the 8100.

youngkwangk no está en línea Stack level 2

rep: 2.5 mm headphone jack

you have to buy the ones with 3 lines on the end. (the metal part)

adapter or earphones

1 line: left ear
    1 line: right ear
    1 line: microphone

the ones you've tried should have only 2 lines on the metal part.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    The blackberry, while using a 4 conductor plug, uses a proprietary design that does not follow conventional audio connections, so even a standard 2.5mm 3 striped adapter will not work properly with the pearl, as the connections are all out of order. Only seido supposedly makes an adapter. I purchased one from them but all I got was mono audio. I recently visited a verizon store and supposedly they sell cables that are 2.5mm to 3.5mm on each end. Should be arriving in the mail any day now, hope this one actually works as advertised.

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE
    The Seido adapter works fine. But you must plug the adapter into the headset before you plug in to your 8100. Don't know why, you just have to do it that way.

blaber no está en línea Stack level 2
    thnx for the feedback guys.... but i still cant understand why it always activates voice dialling when i plug in a 2.5 mm jack... can this be stopped??

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Mine on my 8100 does this also, do away with the adapter and buy the soft ear gels-2.5mm from eshoplimited. works great, my wife has some for her 8100

cmadera no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey mdfleck, can you gave me the model number of 10 dollar converter pack at Wal-Mart because i"m looking to get one to use in my car with a fm transmiter and i try one on radio shack didn't work

[/IMG]