Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Stonebreeze Sorry, but IMHO he wouold be able to use BT to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bchzcallmeg0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 1st Time Blackberry User in Dire Need of HELP!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreeze
    Sorry, but IMHO he wouold be able to use BT to send and receive media files even if his girlfriend doesn't have a blackberry. I made a clean BT connection with my wife's phone (LG) and sent her media files (pictures, music, etc) via BT. BT is not device specific.

BRZ
    "she" is the proper pronoun, but no offense taken.

yes I was able to send something to my friend's motorola (cingular) and it worked fine, yet when he tried to send me something for some reason it wouldn't work. the same thing last night with my girlfriend's mda. weird. anyone try receiving via the bt and it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz
    Hello there and welcome! I am not as knowledgeable as the rest here, but as far as i know you do not need to have a BIS plan to send/receive via bluetooth, i do it all the time and with my L7 (not a BB).

I would call Tmo and make sure you have a data plan, then like everyone else says you get your service books sent to you by a rep.
    As far as the IM service, if you are using OZ it does not go through your text messages, it is a seperate app. When i got my replacement phone it did not have OZ on it, but when i ran the app loader and my phone was updated and low and behold the OZ IM service came back. I hope this helped in some way
    thank you blukrystlz, i think that you are right. i must have some setting with the bt messed up for it not to let me receive.

and when you mean the OZ, is that the one that comes with the phone that has aim, icq, yahoo! and i forget what other messenger? because mine only came with the blackberry messenger but at the tmo store when i tested it, it had that feature.

honestly guys i don't use the email or internet and i'm mainly trying to figure out if i can get these features to work without a data plan, that my gf already told me i couldn't get (even though i pay my bill - hmph). so its that or get another phone and i LOVE my pearl. :cry:

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

**i didn't read thru all the posts..so hopefully i'm not too redundant**

Send/Receive via BT: you need to make sure that you are in THE folder (media>pictures>media card OR device memory) that you want to accept the file in to when you say 'receive using bluetooth'

Data Connection Refused: means you do not have a data plan...you will need the data plan to receive the service books to be able to send/receive MMS (or media) messages.

OZ: normally comes preinstalled. you should be able to find it on the BB site. it uses text/mms charges. you are ok with that, since you are using the unlimited text messaging package.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    **i didn't read thru all the posts..so hopefully i'm not too redundant**

Send/Receive via BT: you need to make sure that you are in THE folder (media>pictures>media card OR device memory) that you want to accept the file in to when you say 'receive using bluetooth'

Data Connection Refused: means you do not have a data plan...you will need the data plan to receive the service books to be able to send/receive MMS (or media) messages.

OZ: normally comes preinstalled. you should be able to find it on the BB site. it uses text/mms charges. you are ok with that, since you are using the unlimited text messaging package.
    See that's the thing with the BT, I'll be in the folder but it doesn't say "Receive Using Bluetooth". What am I missing??

OZ: Searching everywhere and can't find it. T-mobile advertises it as having AIM etc, and I've had the same messenger on other phones and not needed a data plan for it. Why do I need it for a blackberry?

I want to keep my phone, but I don't need a data plan right at this moment. Sheesh. I'm frustrated.

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Sorry bchz...I saw the "girlfriend" and automatically assumed you were male. You know what happens when you assume......***/u/me

BRZ

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by bchzcallmeg0
    See that's the thing with the BT, I'll be in the folder but it doesn't say "Receive Using Bluetooth". What am I missing??

Is she in the folder that she wants to save in and she is choosing 'receive using bluetooth'? i dunno im just grasping for straws now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bchzcallmeg0
    OZ: Searching everywhere and can't find it. T-mobile advertises it as having AIM etc, and I've had the same messenger on other phones and not needed a data plan for it. Why do I need it for a blackberry?
    you should have it preloaded. maybe its hidden? what theme are you using? for zen, click menu, scroll to bottom and select organize applications. this should show all apps, regardless of hidden or not.
    for icon theme, click ALT key (far left bottom) and trackball, then choose "show all" and it will show all apps, regardless of hidden.

while you are doing this, i will see if i can find a link to dl OZ via Desktop Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreeze
    Sorry bchz...I saw the "girlfriend" and automatically assumed you were male. You know what happens when you assume......***/u/me

BRZ
    Heh it's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    you should have it preloaded. maybe its hidden? what theme are you using? for zen, click menu, scroll to bottom and select organize applications. this should show all apps, regardless of hidden or not.
    for icon theme, click ALT key (far left bottom) and trackball, then choose "show all" and it will show all apps, regardless of hidden.

while you are doing this, i will see if i can find a link to dl OZ via Desktop Manager.
    ::sigh:: i talked to t-mobile and i can't the OZ messenger without a data plan. even if i had it, it wouldn't work. just because of the way my berry is setup, it NEEDS the data plan, even for the mms. so that means no data plan, no mms or instant messenger, even with the lesser model phones i can use those features for free i think t-mobile should offer a less expensive data plan, say 9.99 or something for people who don't plan on using the internet/email feature. like say instead of unlimited internet you get a certain amount every month. for people like me who just want the oz messenger.

as for the bluetooth, the pearl has bluetooth 2.2. so i can send it to everyone under the sun but the select few people with bluetooth 2.2 can send to me. so even that feature is limited.

but whatever, i love the phone and even though i am disappointed i guess i'll learn to use the other features and when i can't take it anymore i'll go behind my g/f's back and get the 19.99$ plan.

so without a data plan (for now - muahahahaha) what other fun things can i do with my phone? like can i download stuff from the computer? (i'm still getting a memory card...) anyone have suggestions as to what else i could do with it?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Yes you will be able to use the mp3 player and camera
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

spotthis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204cdcd8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12