I have been trying to watch vids on youtube with my 8310 but I get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cat1dr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

youtube help w/out 3rd party app

Advertisement

I have been trying to watch vids on youtube with my 8310 but I get message server may be blocked or busy. I didn't know bb had a firewall (that is if it does) am I missing something? Thanks in advance. I'm trying to avoid adding a 3rd party app or saving and opening in another app (yea know what I mean?) I have. OS 4.5
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Rafa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow I though I was the only one having this problem,not even berrytunes or pandora,actually moodio and youtube are not working neither

spconeyi83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3065BC1A
    Quote Originally Posted by cat1dr View Post
    I have been trying to watch vids on youtube with my 8310 but I get message server may be blocked or busy. I didn't know bb had a firewall (that is if it does) am I missing something? Thanks in advance. I'm trying to avoid adding a 3rd party app or saving and opening in another app (yea know what I mean?) I have. OS 4.5
    The curve can't play flash videos, and youtube is flash. I heard they were working on it until they determined it would be too much work, so you might have to upgrade your bb if you want to watch youtube vids without 3rd party app.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The youtube mobile site, http://m.youtube.com should allow anyone on OS 4.3 or higher to be able to view youtube videos. It has been a couple months since the original post here, but if you are still having trouble let us know. If you are on a BES there may be a firewall preventing it's use or if no firewall has been activated then you may need to check your apn/tcp settings
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dahmedic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, I get a massage that it is in a unsupported format.what must I do to get the proper player? I have OS 4.5

adils no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I tried playing youtube too on my curve runnin 4.5, but it failed. I suppose the reason being inability of curve to run/stream videos. The only workable option is tinytube.com from where you can download these videos on your phone to subsequently play them.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I've heard there are ways to watch youtube on the Curve. My O/S is 4.5, but youtube, m.youtube, and tinytube all don't seem to work for me. Any suggestions? Are there any third party apps that can solve my problem? Thanks in advance!

johnnycarroll no está en línea Stack level 1
    It could be your service provider. I have Centennial Wireless and they don't allow service for everything. I don't have streaming audio or video. I can't use more than half of the applications I would like, it's unfortunately but thank god they're being bought out by AT&T

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    My curve plays vids just fine. Even streaming. Try vuclip.com and see if that site works for you.

bluetonight17 no está en línea Stack level 1

Complain to the CEO

Hi there, I am a ver unsatified Centennial customer my self. I Hate the fact that I went from an HTC with the PDA package with full TCP/IP RNA connection. then went to a blackberry Curve 8310 being told that i would be much more satistfied with the service. How ever since losing TCP/IP RNA connections I have lost the ability to do most everything I used my smart phone for. so i went from paying 24.99 a month for PDA to 34.99 for Blackberry RIMS service and to Loose the ability to do everything i once did. Centennial will tell you that you can have TCP/IP RNA again if you add the PDA ontop of the RIM service. so now I would have to pay est. $57 to do what i did before for only 24.99 Makes alot of since lets charge them more and give them less. when every other single carrer in the USA does not do this. How ever.... I say we make a stand and not let this go... Contact the CEO and Chairmans, BUG THEM. Write to them tell them we want our TCP/IP RNA service that everyother company gives to BB RIM customers. We are still their customoers untill AT&T buys them which is now pushed into the 3rd quater.

Contact the Corpert offices and the CEO.

Centennial Communications Corp.
    3349 Rte. 138, Bldg. A
    Wall, NJ 07719
    NJ Tel. 732-556-2200
    Fax 732-556-2242

Officers:
    Chairman: J. Stephen (Steve) Vanderwoude
    CEO and Director: Michael J. Small
    EVP and CFO: Thomas J. Fitzpatrick

Tell them how we will NOT stand for this, and we want our TCP/IP RNA NOW!!!!

It's not the Curve it is Centennial Wireless. the Curve is perfectly compatible with Streaming of audio and video it is Centennial wireless blocking TCP/IP RNA to all BB customers

Viper43 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Am I missing something? I have a 8320 Curve OS 4.5.0.81 on T-MOBILE and I type in youtube.com on my bb browser and I go right to the site and stream videos no problem.

To the sprint person

Yes you are missing something, Only those with Centennial Wireless are having this issue... All others with a BB on any other provider is fine. just now those of us on Centennial. I am working with BB Suport as well as the CEO of Centennial Wireless. I am trying to get some answers. is i find an answer I will post. Mark Small is the CEO of Centennial and me and him spoke at length this morning. And we both had meeting are are do to talk again tomorrow. so let keep our hopes up. so far I was told I could pay an extar 24.99 and PDA on top of my BB package to get the TCP/IP but i refuse to pay for 2 data packages. any ways, I am trying to find an answer...