Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can i download or watch videos on my CURVE?... BlackBerry Curve forum

JROCK no está en línea Stack level 2

You Tube question??

Advertisement

How can i download or watch videos on my CURVE?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: You Tube question??

Sorry I suppose I am a little slow tonight, is this something you download on your device so that you can launch videos from the you tube website?

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

Blackberries dont support streaming media as yet. There are ways to download vids from Youtube and encode them to put on your berry, but no way I know of to watch while you surf.
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You can try tinytube.net from your browser. You can download and watch videos on that site from the BB. The BB now doesn't support streaming from that site.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

or check this link posted by DoubleM http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/445103-post2.html

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ng_8100_a.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._my_pearl.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_you_can.html

these should get you started and try http://www.tinytube.net or http://m.youtube.com these to sites have videos that you can download to your pearl, let me know if you need any help

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Go to youtube and copy the URL of the video you want to watch. Then go to www.3gptogo.com and covert it to ".mp4" and paste link from youtube in the box. Click convert and when your video is ready you can download it and it will save to the sd card. Then just open the media player and play the video. It works best if you have 2 browsers on your BB. Something like the bb browser and Opera Mini. (Note: you must use 3gptogo with the BB Browser, It doesn't seem to work with Opera Mini). Smaller videos work best. I've been running into timeout errors when trying to download large files but it may just be me. There is no way to stream video directly from youtube, at least not until they come out with flash support, 3G would help a lot too but I think it may be more of a flash support issue.

Tucker

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I'm surprised with all the experienced bb people here, everyone tries to make it so difficult. Iridemybike has it correct, but you don't need two browsers. In this case, the blackberry browser is the best choice. Just go to youtube, copy the link of the video, then go to the 3gptogo site and paste it in and request mp4. When it is ready, download it to your media card and you have a good quality full screen youtube video. It is really that simple.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by ikasen
    I'm surprised with all the experienced bb people here, everyone tries to make it so difficult. Iridemybike has it correct, but you don't need two browsers. In this case, the blackberry browser is the best choice. Just go to youtube, copy the link of the video, then go to the 3gptogo site and paste it in and request mp4. When it is ready, download it to your media card and you have a good quality full screen youtube video. It is really that simple.
    I don't see how anybody is trying to make it difficult by helping the OP with their various replies.
    Everyone has a diffierent opinion and is offering their help and assistance here. That is the beauty of the Stacks. The OP may see someone else's solution as simple too, but at least he has a few options to decide from.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You're absolutely right, the varied opinions are the beauty of the Stacks. That simply was my opinion.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    True, you don't "need" two browsers to do it but it makes it easier when you are trying to watch more than one video. That way you can just use switch application instead of losing your place on youtube. Tucker

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

so with the curve i can do these things? cause i remember using the curve on youtuve and there was no url

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no you don't need two browsers. I just find it easier to convert videos that way. One browser for youtube and the other browser for the converter. But then again I'm doing a millio things at once so to increaar productivity I do that. Just let us know if you have any questions about any of the advice that we've given you and I hope you find the way that works for you

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Good point about the "two browser" issue. I really hadn't looked at it that way. I'm sure JROCK and any other interested parties have learned what they needed to know and then some about downloading videos from this discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast