Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm on .133 and mobile youtube site works for me. Videos play fine. ~via BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I'm on .133 and mobile youtube site works for me.

Videos play fine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    It seems to be provider based issue. Having success with Tmo on both wifi and edge.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    It seems to be provider based issue. Having success with Tmo on both wifi and edge.
    The people who are having wifi problems, do you by any chance have 802.11n enabled routers?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    No 802.11n router; probably just the current firmware for me I guess.

lauramunaf no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey all, need help... why whenever i wanna start streaming vids on my 8900, it says "Switch to WAP for streaming media" is it all like that? or its because my app version is 4.6.1.101?
    helpppppp

shane8750 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24a670ba
    I have .250 software on my curve, Rogers, and i seem to have the same issue. i can load the video, and the screen dims like it is about to play, shows video length, but after about 30 seconds and with data arrows flashing constantly like it is buffering the video, i get "an error has occurred attempting to play media" I've been searching for answers on this subject for almost 4 hours now, wow my eyes are hurtin. I've tried everything from APN settings, to other media sites, i was viewing somebody's porch they have on this site, that stream was fine, not sure if it's just youtube being blocked....

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    youtube works fine for me.
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

rugmankc no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had horrible experience with youtube and my 8900 on CBW. But to confuse me even more, I now started to get a pop-up on my bolt browser that says can't play thru network, save to media card and play from there. It worked great. Not sure why this notification just started to show up.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; 8700g; 8900; Carrier-Cincinnati Bell: Future Bold Owner

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are looking for a icon for youtube go here. Wap.getjar.com and click on apps then do a search.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126

danny v no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AFF1C6
    Full youtube works fine with the wifi and edge network on my 8900.could be your browser settings or defective unit.make sure you have the latest os update and under browser settings click yes for mobile streaming.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.206 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi guys - suggestion! Go to Blackberry App World and download Xenozu...its free and works well on my 8900 via wi-fi !
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.206 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302

SarahLC no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

Quote Originally Posted by shane8750 View Post
    I have .250 software on my curve, Rogers, and i seem to have the same issue. i can load the video, and the screen dims like it is about to play, shows video length, but after about 30 seconds and with data arrows flashing constantly like it is buffering the video, i get "an error has occurred attempting to play media" I've been searching for answers on this subject for almost 4 hours now, wow my eyes are hurtin. I've tried everything from APN settings, to other media sites, i was viewing somebody's porch they have on this site, that stream was fine, not sure if it's just youtube being blocked....

I've been searching for weeks on this exact problem.

Have you found a solution yet? Would be EXTREMELY grateful if you could share!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

solution for youtube problems with 8900

I first noticed the problem when still running 4.6.x.x OS on the 8900, and the conditions are essentially the same with 5.0.0.190. Having experimented a lot, I've learned how to make it work reliably.

If I simply open a blackberry browser (either one -- WAP / T-Mobile browser or "Internet" browser) and type in m.youtube.com, I have the classic "loading..." problem, where it simply stalls out with the "loading..." message when I try to view a video.

What I learned is that this happens when the "Internet browser" is invoked to load the mobile site. Apparently the browser/system isn't "smart enough" to automatically switch over to WAP when streaming the youtube videos.

If, instead, I create a bookmark for m.youtube.com and save it, there is an option to specify which of your browsers will load the site that the bookmark points to. I set this in the bookmark definition to my WAP browser, which in my case is the T-Mobile browser, and them m.youtube.com works perfectly every time -- as long as I get there by using this bookmark.

Although I haven't tried it yet, I imagine that I could change my default browser to "T-Mobile browser" instead of its current setting of "Internet browser". That might do the trick as well.

Anyway -- it seems that the critical item here is to use WAP transport to stream youtube videos. As long as I do that, the results are perfect.

george_perez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Download the xenozu its a youtube application http://www.Xenozu.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast