Sorry for such a silly question but would there be a problem with hooking up ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Yet another battery question

Advertisement

Sorry for such a silly question but would there be a problem with hooking up the curve to the PC for a bit at a time (transferring songs, pics, etc.)? I know you can charge the curve while connected to the PC, but I'm worried that it may affect the overall battery life if I keep unplugging it before it's fully charged or is it pretty much a non-issue and I should just go and enjoy the bb?
    Last edited by Sky Zero; 10-09-2007 at 01:02 AM.

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

Re: Yet another battery question

youll be fine.

car chargers can be bad for a battery becuase they charge beyond what is necessary to reach a full charge. when connected to a pc/ notebook the bb will stop charging when full... and thats all that really matters.

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdaddy
    youll be fine.

car chargers can be bad for a battery becuase they charge beyond what is necessary to reach a full charge. when connected to a pc/ notebook the bb will stop charging when full... and thats all that really matters.
    Great! Thanks for the help!

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i haven't had any problems with the oem car chargers for the blackberry that have the little light-up logo like the applications key on your blackberry. I got it from RIM. And its a trickle charger...only charges it as much as it needs to. They said it has a "smart chip" in it. Lol. Whatever the hell that is