I have a question about yahoo messenger. I have a Blackberry Curve (8320) on t-mobile ... BlackBerry Curve forum

This_Dude no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo Messenger Problem

Advertisement

I have a question about yahoo messenger. I have a Blackberry Curve (8320) on t-mobile and i want to know how to get yahoo messenger working. I have no data plan but i do have unlimited txt messaging.

I have gotten AIM and MSN to work correctly even though all the t-mobile reps have told me no messaging apps will work since i dont have a data plan. The way i did this is by downloading the service books for the messengers. I even got one for Yahoo but it is the only one that doesnt want to cooperate.

I have been using these messengers for months and i have not seen a charge towards my bill for data usage. They are all used towards my text messages, which is what i want.

So what my question is, does yahoo messenger just not work the same as the AIM and MSN messengers or do i have to do something special in order to get yahoo messenger working?

Splitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK, from my experiences:

Yahoo will only work with a data plan.....i know, because I tried after I got my Curve and yahoo wouldn't work, but MSN and AIM do work. God fed up with WiFi problems and just got the data plan.

The data plan with t-Mobile is worth every penny. Hook it up to a laptop and you've got real browsing on a bigger screen, just don't get to irritated with the 115KB/sec load....LOL.

Good luck!

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitz View Post
    OK, from my experiences:

Yahoo will only work with a data plan.....i know, because I tried after I got my Curve and yahoo wouldn't work, but MSN and AIM do work. God fed up with WiFi problems and just got the data plan.

The data plan with t-Mobile is worth every penny. Hook it up to a laptop and you've got real browsing on a bigger screen, just don't get to irritated with the 115KB/sec load....LOL.

Good luck!
    Yeah, streaming video and any major downloading becomes a chore when you're tethered >_< haha.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by This_Dude View Post
    I have a question about yahoo messenger. I have a Blackberry Curve (8320) on t-mobile and i want to know how to get yahoo messenger working. I have no data plan but i do have unlimited txt messaging.

I have gotten AIM and MSN to work correctly even though all the t-mobile reps have told me no messaging apps will work since i dont have a data plan. The way i did this is by downloading the service books for the messengers. I even got one for Yahoo but it is the only one that doesnt want to cooperate.

I have been using these messengers for months and i have not seen a charge towards my bill for data usage. They are all used towards my text messages, which is what i want.

So what my question is, does yahoo messenger just not work the same as the AIM and MSN messengers or do i have to do something special in order to get yahoo messenger working?
    Welcome

I too have the 8320, and my wife the 8100 and we use Tmobile. We used to have the full data plan ($20 monthly) but downgraded a few months back to just the email feature data plan, + we have unlimited text/IM/MMS. We use Yahoo IM and Google Talk and Blackberry IM without the full data plan and never had a problem. To use the instant messaging you do not need the full data plan, if you have unlimited text/IM/MMS and the email data plan like we do, it is included with Tmobile.
    Now, to get Yahoo IM on your 8320, you'll need to download it via wi-fi, or switch to full data plan just for a day in order to download it, then you can switch back. Thats what I do when I need to download something OTA

I hope this information helps you, good luck
    Last edited by harm_dzines; 09-04-2008 at 10:13 PM.

This_Dude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you guys for responding. I guess if i really want yahoo that bad i'll use the data plan for a day cause i have tried getting it over wifi but no luck. So we'll see what happens. Thanks again.