Hi...I just downloaded yahoo messenger onto my 8310, but when I tried to log in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Serenity7306 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yahoo Messenger On Curve???

Advertisement

Hi...I just downloaded yahoo messenger onto my 8310, but when I tried to log in it said "not enabled on this device" or something to that affect. Does anyone know why???

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Yahoo Messenger On Curve???

Go to your media net browser and click on instant messaging it will ask you if you want to download OZ instant messaging say yes OZ allows you to use aim,yahoo and msn messenger with only one program. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2

Just double checked go to mail and messaging and thwn to mobile I'm that should take you to OZ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity7306 View Post
    Hi...I just downloaded yahoo messenger onto my 8310, but when I tried to log in it said "not enabled on this device" or something to that affect. Does anyone know why???

Serenity check out this thread...At&t doesn't allow it. It's carrier specific.
    Here is the work around: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...bscribers.html

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Remember AT&T Charges for each message you send & rec (SMS text message) OZ use's SMS to send the yahoo I'm so make sure you have atext plan or will cost $$$$ you each text sent & rec

Serenity7306 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hey thanks for the info guys...got it to work! Didn't think about the text messaging charges though...Yikes! Good thinkin'!

vindicatedx2x no está en línea Stack level 2

I've never have a problem with getting it on my phone -- I have the OZ that has all three platforms, as this post has been over.

HOWEVER, I can only log onto one at a time. Even on simpler phoens, I have been able to log onto AIM and Yahoo at the same time to talk with multiple people -- can you not do this on the BB curve? And does anyone have lagging problems? It takes forever to receive and send instant messages, so I usually just get off and text because it ticks me off so much.

Any help with either of those?

gadgitgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Smile Re: Yahoo Messenger On Curve???

There is a messenger plan that can be download for a fee which will give you access to instant messenger (aim, yahoo, google, etc) and it's jive talk. You can log into all or one your choice. Definitely worth the price and it uses data. So if you have an unlimited data plan your good.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatedx2x View Post
    I've never have a problem with getting it on my phone -- I have the OZ that has all three platforms, as this post has been over.

HOWEVER, I can only log onto one at a time. Even on simpler phoens, I have been able to log onto AIM and Yahoo at the same time to talk with multiple people -- can you not do this on the BB curve? And does anyone have lagging problems? It takes forever to receive and send instant messages, so I usually just get off and text because it ticks me off so much.

Any help with either of those?
    \

Vindicated, I would use the OZ IM client since it's not very reliable and has a lot of limitations. If you don't have a data plan you're kinda stuck with it. Remember it's routing through everything and changing it into a text message. IF at all possible get a data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgitgirl View Post
    There is a messenger plan that can be download for a fee which will give you access to instant messenger (aim, yahoo, google, etc) and it's jive talk. You can log into all or one your choice. Definitely worth the price and it uses data. So if you have an unlimited data plan your good.
    gadgitgirl check this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...g_clients.html