I had Eclipse 726E installed in my car. I can connect and talk on the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

desiman no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Xfer Address book using BT

Advertisement

I had Eclipse 726E installed in my car. I can connect and talk on the phone using Bluetooth handsfree. But cannot xfer the address book. The display says phone>>Car, and the phone says ....sending. After that I get a fail. Any ideas please. I am using BB8310.

Thanks

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    i'm thinking the Eclipse may need to be in the status of receiving in order to receive the address book try that first i haven't found a manual on the eclipse yet still lookin...also you may want to try and re-pair the two devices hopefully this helps
    let us know what ya find out and welcome to the stacks
    RedCurv07

Quote Originally Posted by Schirripal View Post
    i'm thinking the Eclipse may need to be in the status of receiving in order to receive the address book try that first i haven't found a manual on the eclipse yet still lookin...also you may want to try and re-pair the two devices hopefully this helps
    let us know what ya find out and welcome to the stacks

Thank you for your reply Schirripal. Yes the Eclipse is in receive mode and on the phone states "Transferring Phonebook" but after a while it says cannot transfer refer to manual! I was thinking it could be the addresses which are on the BB which is stopping the transfer I have to try getting rid of those addresses and emails and will retry hopefully that would solve my problem will keep you posted. Thanks

Finally got it to work.

As suspected. There should be nothing in the address book except numbers. Even if you have home, office, cell under 1 name it will take only the first displayed number in the blackberry. Hence if you want all numbers you have to create:

Mr. Smith Cell - xxx xxx xxxx
    Mr. Smith Residence - xxx xxx xxxx
    and so on

In the name category its picky to take certain characters as well. Like cant do Mr. Smith (C), Mr. Smith (R), Mr. Smith (W), it shows up as 3 Mr. Smiths.

Well worth the headache. Wish there was a simpler way to do it.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Simple tech. Stuff gotta love it were so use to or high end address book we forget about the inferior address books out there lol
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~