Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello Stackers, I've just purchased a Seidio Innocell 2600mAh extended battery with a black hard ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sesp9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Would you get a 2600mAh extended battery for your 8900?

Advertisement

Hello Stackers, I've just purchased a Seidio Innocell 2600mAh extended battery with a black hard plastic rubberized new door for my bb 8900. I will receive the battery this Thursday and will give it a test run. I know I'm going to have issues in finding a hard case or silicone case for it since the extended battery will come with a new battery door and both will add 3-4 mm of thickness to the phone. I currently have a 1600mAh battery that I've been using but im a heavy user and I still have to charge it everyday. With the 1600mAh battery it doesn't change the original battery door. The battery just adds 15% more power than the original 1400mAh battery that it comes with. I love the current thinness, weight, look and feel of the phone and was wondering would you sacrifice the look and sleekness of your 8900 for much more battery power?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i would not. i don't get it when people say"im a heavy user and I still have to charge it everyday". what's wrong with charging every day? i'm not sure how long my battery might last because i charge it every night in it's sleek charging dock that seconds as a nightstand alarm clock.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

LordSauron no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well in terms of my opinion, I wouldn't bother with the extra power while losing the thinness and weight of the original device.... I had a Motorola Q before and it had the optional extended battery with as well, but I found that it just made the phone felt awkward with the size and bigger battery door. And in my situation, the extended battery in the end didn't really merit that much more power for that much more usage for the inconvenience. And like catstide had said, I didn't see much of a problem charging everyday either.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would invest in the extended battery regardless. I have every extended battery available for the 81xx and 71xx series devices, and they have come in handy for extended usage.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have to chime in with a NO. As mentioned before I just charge mine every night and I am a very heavy user and only have the battery that came with my device. Another thing to consider is that if the battery is not an OEM battery and your phone gets fried all warranties are null and void.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nah. As cowboy said, I just charge at night. Wouldn't want thickness.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I would definately go for it... I've been considering getting the extended 3500mah for my bold... At the rate I'm using mine right now, I get barely halfway through the day... So if you're like me, you're gonna need it... The way I see it, what good is a sleek phone if its dead...

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    I have considered it. I am a frequent charger and charge my berry on my nightstand with the nice charge stand and I also do the same at work. yeah I bought 2 of those. I still find myself needing to charge at the end of the night due to all the active software I have running updates. Just not sure i can give up the sleek size.. I think I will get the car charger first and maybe another home charger for next to the couch.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I would definately go for it... I've been considering getting the extended 3500mah for my bold... At the rate I'm using mine right now, I get barely halfway through the day... So if you're like me, you're gonna need it... The way I see it, what good is a sleek phone if its dead...
    Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat View Post
    I have considered it. I am a frequent charger and charge my berry on my nightstand with the nice charge stand and I also do the same at work. yeah I bought 2 of those. I still find myself needing to charge at the end of the night due to all the active software I have running updates. Just not sure i can give up the sleek size.. I think I will get the car charger first and maybe another home charger for next to the couch.
    i opt for the extra standard battery in my pocket(yes,i have pockets).i have only had to use it a few times.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i opt for the extra standard battery in my pocket(yes,i have pockets).i have only had to use it a few times.

I used to do that with my 8320 but it was a pain knowing which battery needed to be charged next.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat View Post
    I used to do that with my 8320 but it was a pain knowing which battery needed to be charged next.
    ehh...when i have to switch when i get home i just put the dead battery back in and give it a full charge...next morning swap em out again. it usually goes all day with the fully charged one still in my pocket.

kkrueger84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    While I usually don't have many days when I drain my 8900 down to it's last breath, I'm still considering purchasing an extended battery. There's bound to be times when I'll need the extra power and don't have a charger nearby (this used to happen a lot with my 8310).

I haven't seen how much the bigger battery changes the form factor of the 8900, but I can't imagine that it would bother me that much. I have a Coveroo coming in the mail (a specialty back cover), and I'm not sure if it would fit with the new battery (I doubt it).

When it comes down to it though, having that extra battery in case of emergency is what's important to me. I just may purchase the battery.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I checkewd on the seido site... I believe its about 4 mm extra... The bold extended battery is 6mm wider...

On my tough days my battery only gives me abt 5 hrs...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I know where everybody is coming from. This 9000 drains the battery, so I simply took an extra charger to work and let it charge for 15 minutes twice a day and I'm good to go. Also, I let it charge all night.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Apparently a 15 min charge doesn't even cut it for me... Lol... I think I'm consuming my batter faster than its charging...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast