Hey all, I've been a blackberry user for a few years now, and always bought ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rsimonston no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wondering about refurbished phones

Advertisement

Hey all,
    I've been a blackberry user for a few years now, and always bought new. I've heard some great things about buying refurbished phones (especially in todays economy, I cant afford a brand new one , and recently heard about this site that offers gsm phones and wondering if anyone else knows about them. A friend of a friend bought a phone from them and they were ranting and raving about it being really great. Has anyone heard of or bought a phone from an online store called solid cellular?

Thanks,
    RS

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Never had any experience with Solid Cellular, but I have owned a few refurb Berries. I feel they are great option for people who can't afford or choose not to pay retail. MANY times, if not everytime, when a carrier sends out a warranty replacement phone, its a refurb. I've never had an issue.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've bought several refurb devices, not just phones, and they all have worn out and acted just as a new phone would. I didn't have any unexpected crashes or anything.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'd had refurb devices from Verizon when I have warrantied something after the initial 30 days is up. They've always come looking like brand new. I've only had to send a refurb back once as being faulty.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    nope never heard of them

rickforwreaths no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    The warranty is the differance. You make the call 1 year for new or 90 days for refurb devices.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    I contacted them directly, was just curious about their warranty service and shipping. I was really impressed with how fast they answered me and how they knew what they were doing. I placed an order on friday for the Blackberry Curve 8310, so hope I get my phone soon. Will keep you all posted. I also shopped around online and found them to be the least expensive so it was compelling enough to give them a try.

update

Just wanted to update everyone that I received my phone yesterday from solidcellular.com. I think I found a gem of a store. I received my phone within 4 days of ordering. It's in mint condition with all the accessories I need. Their warranty information is clearly laid out in case I have an issues and I am so happy about my purchase. Would definitely recommend this store to anyone looking to purchase a phone without plans.
    Thanks to all for your posts and guidance.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Very good. I'm glad you're satisfied. Like I said I've had a few and never had any problems. Enjoy!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~