Does anyone know?!... BlackBerry Curve forum

eddiehart no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

wll the curve EVER get 4.6??

Advertisement

Does anyone know?!
    Its Hart!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think that 4.6 is for the Bold...not sure it'll ever be for the Curve. What are you missing with 4.5 on the Curve? It seems to me that they've just about covered most of what a Curve will do with 4.5.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    hey fish...not hijacking but do you know what os the thunder will run?

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    hey fish...not hijacking but do you know what os the thunder will run?
    Well you hijacked anyway but I don't think that info has been released yet. If it has, I'm not aware of it - now back to topic.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I think the whole point is to buy a whole new BB. So the Curve will stop at 4.5 and if you want improvements then pick up the new BB's.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    According to RIM at WES 2008, 4.6 will not ever be released for the curve. Sorry. Let's focus on getting final releases for 4.5 in the US!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vod332 View Post
    According to RIM at WES 2008, 4.6 will not ever be released for the curve. Sorry. Let's focus on getting final releases for 4.5 in the US!!!
    Amen to that! We've not gotten a "perfect" version of 4.5 and we're looking for the next number already!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    The new 8350i for Nextel will have 4.6 so we might get it for the Curve too. I agree a stable and final 4.5 first.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    pay attention and you'll realize that EVERY blackberry always lives through 2 upgrades.
    Example : the curve lived through 4.2 -> all the 4.2 updates -> 4.5 and all its updates (including 4.3)
    The Curve's processor is in my opinion just not fast enough to handle all the visual slickness of 4.6
    4.5 does have all the features of 4.6 tho.
    Last edited by ranxoren; 09-15-2008 at 05:43 PM.

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    7A40CB17
    my opinion is that rim should make better phones that doesn't have another upgrade to a phone. they should have upgraded the other blackberry's os's instead of making another phone like the bold and if they make a phone it should be for every phone company instead of just that one. also i would wait until the upgrade os is for the blackberry curve then to buy another expensive phone again..

CorporateCMG no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yea its ony available for the Bold~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    pay attention and you'll realize that EVERY blackberry always lives through 2 upgrades.
    Example : the curve lived through 4.2 -> 4.3 -> 4.5.
    The Curve's processor is in my opinion just not fast enough to handle all the visual slickness of 4.6
    4.5 does have all the features of 4.6 tho.
    There were really early reports of OS 5.0 being worked on for the the Curves, around the time the Bold reports and OS 4.6 started surfacing. It was a small peep from a while ago but it was on a couple of reputable sites.

And if I remember correctly and my research is correct, 4.3 wasn't an official release on the Curves, 4.3 was release as OS 4.5. OS 4.3 was official and came preloaded only for the Pearls.

So, by your logic and what I remember reading, it could take the course of 4.2 > 4.5 > 5.0... might be a pipe dream but I'd be excited for it to come about like that, although the curves are old and I'm not sure if they'll be able to run the OS.

I could always be wrong, of course.
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 09-15-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Usarmyaircav no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Jblackfish, what version are you running?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    There were really early reports of OS 5.0 being worked on for the the Curves, around the time the Bold reports and OS 4.6 started surfacing. It was a small peep from a while ago but it was on a couple of reputable sites.

And if I remember correctly and my research is correct, 4.3 wasn't an official release on the Curves, 4.3 was release as OS 4.5. OS 4.3 was official and came preloaded only for the Pearls.

So, by your logic and what I remember reading, it could take the course of 4.2 > 4.5 > 5.0... might be a pipe dream but I'd be excited for it to come about like that, although the curves are old and I'm not sure if they'll be able to run the OS.

I could always be wrong, of course.
    Sorry i meant 4.2 -> all the 4.2 updates -> 4.5 and all its updates (including 4.3).
    But yeah i see what you mean altho i BELIEVE my theory still stands (someone correct me if im wrong).

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    What about the older devices that only got 4.0 and 4.1 like the 7250, 7520 or 7100i/g? Those poor guys only made it though 1 major update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast