Would it be possible do you think to copy the cod file from the BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

With all this transfering of COD files...

Advertisement

Would it be possible do you think to copy the cod file from the BB 8310 OS for the video recorder and add it to the 8310 4.2 os???

Just curious. If anyone who has knowledge about this thinks it will work (as in the video recorder will function) I am totally willing to try it....Seems as if I have alot less memory with 4.5...(yeah, I dont need to hear "Well, it's a beta version"...I know that)...and if I can do the cod file switch I can more than live with it...but I am curious and bored and want to give it a shot as long as no one thinks i will brick the phone.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I have tried that with browser files on my Pearl. LONG story, but no It didn't work, it bricked my Pearl. BUT that doesn't mean you can't try it, you may have it work, you might brick the phone, then have to do a full reload of the OS, so make sure you do a good back up before attempting it if you do so.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    OK...I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend. Wish me l uck!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I'm pretty sure that when it comes to different major versions, Cod files are not compatible. But Good Luck.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    But they got the 8100 to work with the 8320 video cod file???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Hadn't heard that. Thanks.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    as far as i know... the video recording .cod that got video recording to work (abit very badly) on the 8100 was ONLY working on beta 4.5.

i tried this... using the latest rogers 4.2 i loaded the 4.5 vid rec .cod on my 8100 and it error'd giving me a request for another file. once i loaded this other .cod up, it error'd once again this time requesting a non-.cod file. at this point i gave up. since 4.5 is due any day now, me and a few other stack peeps that were tinkering thought that it is too much trouble to go through to just get vid recording enabled on the 4.2 8100. atm vid recording on the 8100 ONLY works on the 4.5 OS. i will play more when it gets released. =)
    ...always tinkering...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I predict BB Brick. Lol. I'm just saying how is this a good idea? I dunno about you kids but a couple of hours restoring my BB on the weekend doesn't sound like fun to me.

Best of luck though.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post

I predict BB Brick. Lol. I'm just saying how is this a good idea? I dunno about you kids but a couple of hours restoring my BB on the weekend doesn't sound like fun to me.

Best of luck though.

I must be a Huge geek.. cuz I do this kind of stuff LOL, I have bricked my old pearl a few times monkeying with it, and my curve a couple.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Don't get me wrong I love to tinker with it but I haven't had the patience lately. Also I need my BB to work. When I get my spare I then will be able to do this without worry