One of my users has reported that the wireless on their 8300 is randomly shutting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

orcberg no está en línea Stack level 2

Wireless randomly shuts off

Advertisement

One of my users has reported that the wireless on their 8300 is randomly shutting off. The signal indicator shows an "X" and says "OFF". It does not come back on automatically -- he has to turn the device's wireless back on manually.

It was just reported to me so I haven't yet been able to replicate it but he says it happens at least once a day. I looked around under the common issues post and searched the forums but I couldn't find any information on this. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be or what I should check? I've never seen a BB do this.

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????

Re: Wireless randomly shuts off

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the bb 8800 & it happens to me everyday. It can be so frustrating @ times

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

He says it happens once a day, is his battery getting so low that it is shutting the "radio" off? That is typically when that occurs.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

It happens at least once a day. The battery thing was something I initially suspected, but he has stated that his battery was not low. I've been unable to reproduce it at this point, though. It might come down to me replacing his Curve with one of the extras that we have. I've asked him to shoot me an e-mail next time it happens so I can check it out.

It's happened to him twice today.

New information from the user: The last time this happened today, the device had been connected to his computer. It looks like this rules out the possibility of the battery being dead/low.

This is really weird.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

He is not using the red ky to exit back to the home screen and holding it down slightly too long is he??? Hey just looking forthe obvious.

Heh, while I wouldn't put it past any of our users to do that, I don't believe it's the case Actually while I was messing with his phone a little while ago it did the same thing to me. With full battery and full signal strength, it suddenly went to "OFF". I called up AT&T and they did something over the phone that forced the wireless to reconnect -- apparently it wasn't completely off? I don't know, but it seems to have done the trick for now. The phone popped up a message saying that it needed to be power cycled and so far it hasn't done the off thing again.

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

i have the same problem when in a building with no signal for a long period of time i just have to remember when i go outside to go to manage connections and turn mobile network back on.

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D

I've had my curve for 2 days now, and have had the wi-fi shut off at least 3 times, requiring me to manually restart it

Haven't been able to track down a fix yet.
    Steve

mkarim no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an unlocked AT&T 8300 that is doing the same thing. The behavior started in the past few weeks (I have had the phone since July). It appears to be random and I have not seen this on my older BB 8700. Battery fine. It does this at no particular interval, but it is not happening at least 2-3 times a day. Frequency is increasing over time. Happens whether connected to the computer or not. Have not tried re-booting yet. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA
    I have a 8100 happen to me some days, it does not have to do anything with the battery, i think it ither the 107. or .108 sotfware from T-mobile. that is messing around