I have a 8330 from verizon. When I have the wired headset plugged in and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Wired headset wont ring

Advertisement

I have a 8330 from verizon. When I have the wired headset plugged in and I receive a phone call I dont get a ring in the wired headset. I do get the normal ring tone from the speaker on the phone. Its a real bother to not know you have an incoming call. Is there a setting I am somehow missing?
    I use the headset provided with the phone, its great to listen to music while I am traveling and not need to carry an ipod.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Are you using the built in media player?

For my 8130 if I get an incoming call my music pauses and then I hear the ring through the speakerphone. The ring never comes through on the wired headset or on my Stereo Bluetooth(but that does pause the music too and I hear a beep to notify me of the call)

I know the 8130 and 8330 are different, but I thought those basic types of features worked the same. So if you are using the built in media player and the music is not pausing when you get an incoming call there may be a problem. Hopefully someone else with an 8330 will jump in here and confirm how theirs works.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    azstar, I have been using the media player but also it wont ring on the headset when I am just driving along and not useing the media player.
    My friends 8330 seems to ring in the wired headset with the the media player working or any application open or closed.
    I am hoping its just a setting i am missing before i go see Verizon at lunch.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Let us know what they say......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4