Hi Guys I have encountered a problem that I did not have it with my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Wipping after 10 attempt for pasword

Advertisement

Hi Guys
    I have encountered a problem that I did not have it with my 8800. Installed destop manager and tried to syncronise. a dialog box came on aksing for device's password which I did not have it. I did all sorts of combinations and after 10 attempts the system had a hard boo and again is asking for the password.
    Do you know what this is and where can I find this pasword? I never had this problem with my 8800.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Wipping after 10 attempt for pasword

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does it ask you for a new password? When you installed the dm, did you also install any security certificates? That has happened to me, but the first time I connect it asks me ti enter a new password and I go from there. After the wipe it should ask you to key in a new password hopefully

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Its this a new device for you? Did you purchase it or was it given to you by your company? Where I work, they recently handed out new BB's and we ran into the same issue. After setting them up, they were asking for the password that no one knew. They had to call our home office to get it. I don't know if that's the same situation for you or not but I thought I'd throw that put there. You could try calling your service provider and are if they could be of any help.

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

No this is a new device and I am buffled as i did not have this problem with my 8800
    The funny thing is that it asks for the password even after the wipe out.