I have wiped and re-installed os twice after getting app error. It seems only to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

Wiped twice still getting app error 200?

Advertisement

I have wiped and re-installed os twice after getting app error. It seems only to come up when my lock screen comes up. With password turned off, no problems. Any idea? I have .181 os installed. Thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    I have wiped and re-installed os twice after getting app error. It seems only to come up when my lock screen comes up. With password turned off, no problems. Any idea? I have .181 os installed. Thanks
    This may help. Do not restore your info after going through the process and see if that fixes it. If so the problem is in the back up file and you will need to restore the info through advanced restore process. Hope it helps.
    APP Error 200 Reset

Doc ID : KB14115
    Last Modified : 2007-12-18
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® smartphones

Problem

The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays the following error:
    APP Error 200 Reset

Resolution

Re-install the BlackBerry® Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
    1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    6. If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    8. If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    9. Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    10. Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.
    11. Click Next, and then click Next again.
    12. Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    Reloaded and did not restore. Pain in ... , seems to have fixed problem. Thanks for help

PIN/ID
    LESS
    usually something dealing with how something is backed up or downloaded. not having a stable file can spell disaster

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    Reloaded and did not restore. Pain in ... , seems to have fixed problem. Thanks for help
    To do an advanced restore and transfer only the data from a back up file to make sure the issue does not come back.

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to your computer.
    2. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
    3. Click Backup and Restore.
    4. Click Advanced.
    5. On the File menu, click Open.
    6. Double-click the backup (.ipd) file.
    7. In the Desktop File Databases section, select the database(s) to restore.
    8. Click the right arrow button.
    9. Click refresh.
    10. Move to the next database you wish to restore.